icon

2000 Altima dome light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
CutDog504 
Silver - Posts: 637
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 4:11 PM / IP Logged  
I installed a viper 300esp on my wifes car (the Altima) about a year ago. The car also has a factory alarm. (peice of junk she never uses). When armed with the factory remotes, the dome light immediately goes out. But when you arm the viper, the domelight stays on for about a minute or so, then it goes out. Is there any way to wire the domelight to the viper so that it goes off once I arm it? Is this more trouble than its worth? Or would this be fairly simple? I was thinking maybe wire up a relay like a starter kill relay. Cut the wire to the domelight in half, the power side connect to 86 and 87a, 30 to the bulb side of the domelight wire, and 85 to the orange GWA output from the brain. Would this work like I want it to? I still want all normal domelight functions, just kill it when the alarm is armed.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
yeah that will work.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
JWorm 
Platinum - Posts: 2,208
Platinum spacespace
Posted: April 13, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
Power Lock      gray        -       smart entrance control
Power Unlock      purple        -       smart entrance control

Factory Alarm Arm      lt GREEN/ red        -       smart entrance control
Factory Alarm Disarm      GREEN/ YELLOW        -       smart entrance control
Notes: The smart entrance control unit is located to the right of the steering column. It is black or blue in color.
If you connect the arm and disarm wires from the factory alarm to the Viper it should make the domelight work just like it does from the factory. The domelight will shut off when you arm, and turn on when you disarm. Connect the light GREEN/ black factory alarm disarm wire to the GREEN/ YELLOW wire in the car, and split the lock wire from the alarm with diodes and send it to the lock wire and arm wire.
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 10:19 AM / IP Logged  
You can also connect your dome light supervision from your alarm to your door trigger.
Do it right the first time
raydawg357 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  
You can also connect your dome light supervision from your alarm to your door trigger.
raydawg357 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 10:23 AM / IP Logged  
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 1:00 PM / IP Logged  
I already have domelight supervision. The light turns on when I disarm, I just want it to turn off when I arm the system.
fdrepairshop 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 6:01 PM / IP Logged  

take the bulb out.

hehe j/k

Peters Auto Emporium:
Specialiazing on JEEP/CHRYSLER Products:
718-451-2272
CutDog504 
Silver spacespace
Posted: April 14, 2004 at 11:34 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot newbie, I'll write that one down
davemacl 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: April 15, 2004 at 3:59 PM / IP Logged  

i have an avital2100 alarm trying to coexist with a prostart 3100 remote stater in an 89 two door honda accord. the avital remote is working both units. the avital instructions say i can bypass all sensor inputs except the doors by connecting a diode from the hoodpin wire to neg. out while running of the remote start. the problem is that this bypasses the doors as well. when you stop the car with remote the door pins also dont trigger the alarm. when thecar finishes its remote start cycle you can enter from either door without setting off the alarm. if i remove the diode connection everything worksbut during remote start running the alarm will start to chirp and eventually go off. anybody out there know how i can have the best of both worlds

davemacl
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic