icon

chevy factory cd player wont play

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
J Brady 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2002 at 9:41 AM / IP Logged  
I installed an amp and sub in my 99 Suburban, I used a line level adapter kit and now the stereo wont recognize when a cd is inserted and it will only eject the cd after power is shut off. ??? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Jeff.
omega 
Copper - Posts: 54
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2002 at 3:08 PM / IP Logged  

Does the head unit have the CD player built in or is it one of the cassette units with the "slave" single-CD unit in the dash/console elsewhere?

Does the problem go away if you remove the line level adapter?  If it does then maybe something is wired incorrectly though I doubt that is the case...

It might not have anything to do with the line adapter, and the pickup (laser mechanism) might just be damaged.  It could have been damaged if you jarRED / bumped the unit too hard while you were installing the adapter.  However this is unlikely as well (unless you clear dropped it onto pavement or something).

Is the car still under warranty?  If so then you can get it fixed under warranty, if not then you should probably be looking to an aftermarket unit because for the money you'd pay to repair/replace it, you might as well buy a new aftermarket unit that would be much better.

J Brady 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 25, 2002 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the advise, It is the separate single cd unit. I did not drop it or jar it, but I did disconnect it to make it easier to get the stereo out. The part I don't understand is that it will not eject until all power is off in the vehicle? that doesnt make any sense to me? Do you have any idea what would make it do that. I guess I may have to remove everything and start over, that will be alot of work and time. I hope someone has seen this problem before. Thanks again, Jeff.
J Brady 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 26, 2002 at 8:40 PM / IP Logged  
I think alot of these units are replaced regularly. If it is a bad unit,  do you think I may pick one up from an install shop?
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2002 at 9:26 PM / IP Logged  

Is this a factory deck???

Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™
DeathsJester12V 
Silver - Posts: 352
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2002 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  
Nevermind...I just read the topic name...sorry, long day...Take the deck into a dealer...GM decks are weird...heck if it has Theft Lock, that could be the problem, but it should be asking you for a security code if it is Theft Loc.....anyway, take it into the dealer, just make sure all connections you made to it are disconnected and hidden from site...otherwise they might try to screw you on it
Đễẳ†ђş 12\/ Ĵęśŧē®™

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic