icon

flush mounting?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
unreal3z 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 25, 2004 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
Ive seen a lot of pics w/ screens and xm radios flush to fiberglass, how is the item secured to the glass and also what is the best stuff to use to get the contour around the item as far as the shaping goes
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 11:13 AM / IP Logged  
when i do a flush mount tv, i take apart the casing and take out the screen and buttons. then i attach the front casing to whatever i'm flushing it to with speedgrip or cheese strap.  after that i apply a little fiberglass to the back side to give it extra strength. once that is done i apply bondo until i reach the desired shape.  then i sand and paint. put everything back together and then i install and enjoy
what!?!?! you want some??
unreal3z 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 12:45 PM / IP Logged  

what is speedgrip and cheese strap? Also if the unit goes bad or u just want to replace u just cut away the fiberglass on the back?

Thanks a lot for the info

kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 26, 2004 at 2:49 PM / IP Logged  

cheese strap is also backstrap, it's the stuff that comes with your deck when you get it, it's a piece of metal that is long and skinny with a lot of wholes in it.  speedgrip is an extremely strong adhesive.

and yeah, if you need to replace it you just cut the piece out and basically start all over again

what!?!?! you want some??

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic