icon

Any how to’s on Custom door panels?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: April 27, 2004 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  

In particular for a 2003 mustang GT.  I have 2 sets of MB QSD 6.5 that I want to put in the doors.  I know it's not the best imaging.  I want to put  2 mids in each door at the bottom of the panel.  I already have one tweeter in the window sails, so I would probably put one tweeter in the bottom of each door too. 

My fear is cutting up the panels and screwing up royally.  I know someone out there has done something pretty similar, especially since 1994-2004 mustangs have the same door panels.  And I want to cover it with vinyl, to easy to scratch the paint with feet and stuff.

shaddr3 
Member - Posts: 4
Member spacespace
Posted: April 28, 2004 at 11:45 PM / IP Logged  
Try to ebay and get a used panel... thats all I have to say.
kickerstang 
Copper - Posts: 180
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 11:25 AM / IP Logged  
it's not hard, if you don't want to cut into your door you could take a fiberglass mold of the bottom part where you want to put your speakers. then work off of that and screw it on when your done. it will be a bit bulky but it will save you from having to cut into your door.  or just try ebay for a used door panel and cut away. 
what!?!?! you want some??
djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 13, 2004 at 2:54 PM / IP Logged  
If someone can explain to me how to post pictures on here when I don't have a site to put them onto, I will make a how-to since I'm making new doors this weekend. 
Any how to’s on Custom door panels? -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 14, 2004 at 10:21 AM / IP Logged  

I can post the them on my site if you want.  provided the total is much more then like 2 meg. 

Doesn't your ISP give you a free web-page?  Usually you get a free 10meg user website with any internet access.  In my area anyway.

djdaveoc 
Copper - Posts: 231
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 11:01 PM / IP Logged  
I'll have to check to see if my ISP gives me free space.  Thanks for answering.  My project has been delayed a little because I'm going to install (or have installed) new automatic door locks and power windows.  My truck came with manual everything.  Once that's done I think it will be safe to do my door panels. 
Any how to’s on Custom door panels? -- posted image. Plan, Research, Do

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic