icon

brown bread vs dynamat

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 2:04 PM / IP Logged  
im looking into buying sound deadener for my car, but i am on a very tight budget right now. upon searching ebay, i have found 70 sq ft of brown bread for $150, and the 36 sq ft bulk pack of dynamat extreme for about $100. Has anyone worked with or had any experience with brown bread? i am interested in the product, but i would just like to get some opinions first. Both of these items, along with some testimonials, are available at http://www.b-quiet.com/. Thanks in advance for any input.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
crroush 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  

did your try looking up cascade?

they also sell a cheaper priced version of dynomat

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: August 27, 2002 at 4:14 PM / IP Logged  
aggie altima 
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2002 at 4:24 AM / IP Logged  
okay, can you guys (or girl) just tell me what sound deadener you use or have used, and your honest opinion about it. I want to save money, but it's not that important to save money if i'm left with aluminum foil with tar on it. the brown bread sounds good, putting into consideration that iasca competitors and champions have used it, but i still want to hear opinions on other items first.
Jon
Sagrox2000 
Member - Posts: 14
Member spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2002 at 8:50 AM / IP Logged  

Jon,

I have worked with Dynamat quite a bit and I can say that the Extreme is more than "Aluminum foil with tar on the back" it realy has a awsome result on your road noise and gives you more solid Bass and KILLS vibration. I personally have installed it in 100's of vehicles and everyone has been amazed with its results.

I would strongly recomend Dynamt

Later,

Dantax (DCU Certified)

"Alpine Is The Top Dog"
crroush 
Copper - Posts: 151
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 29, 2002 at 10:33 AM / IP Logged  

I have worked with both dynamat and cascade, and I thought they were both extremely easy to use, but cascade was a bit less expensive, regardless, they will both do an excellent job in fixing road noise and decreasing unwanted resonations.

Craig

elf_mack 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2002 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  

If you plan on deadening the floor use, Water and Ice Sheild for roofing, it works about the same as dynamat orrigional, and its $50.00 for 100 sq ft.

ELF-Mack
mobiletoys2002 
Gold - Posts: 1,050
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 30, 2002 at 11:30 AM / IP Logged  
Well if anyone needs dynamat original i have a roll i used about 2 feet but otherwise it is untouched and i will be selling this so if you interested e mail me at mobiletoys2002@msn.com and i will give specifics i think it is about  10 square feet in the box. Originally there was 13 feet i used maybe 2 feet but i will work a deal out for it .
aggie altima 
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2002 at 2:28 PM / IP Logged  
has anybody worked with anything else, or is sound deadening not very popular? (just being sarcastic brown bread vs dynamat -- posted image.) i just would really like some input on the various sound deadeners that are available before making a decision to spend over a hundred dollars for some. thank you again.
Jon
msoviak 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 05, 2002 at 3:07 PM / IP Logged  
I've just installed b-quiet extreme in my car and I can notice a difference with the road noise.   I haven't yet had a chance to finish my whole car audio installation to see how it works with the stereo going but so far I think at least this stlye of sound deadening works.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic