icon

Sub install in a 2003 Mustang

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
eeh1025 
Copper - Posts: 113
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 7:45 PM / IP Logged  
Hey guys im installing 1 12 sub in the trunk of a 2003 mustang, my question is i was wondering if i could make a wedge style box and then face that wedge 2 the back seat of the car, how will this make the sub sound, will it sound better or worse facing that direction, im also open to other suguestion too. thanks alot
Ernie
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 02, 2004 at 11:56 PM / IP Logged  
Wedge or no wedge. You are going to have to try it and see. Every box is different as is ever woofer. Every car has different acoustics. Its trial and error. Just take the time to move it around and see what you like.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
crudeau 
Copper - Posts: 150
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 10:24 AM / IP Logged  

http://users.nac.net/crudeau/images/2003Mustang/StereoInstall/originalstereo2.JPG

That sounded excellent.

I have no redone it thought, to accomadate a JL 1000/1 and 300/4 amp.  and a new ported box.  Still fires at the back seat.   I like it this way in the mustang, because it is virtually inpossible to get rid of the trunk rattles.  The tail lights, the spoiler, the rear bumper, gas tank sheild, trunk trim   they all rattle terrible.  Fire at the back seat and it there are no rattles.  The only difference I have noticed quality wise, is that the bass notes are slightly  "looser" sounding in the car.  But the sound level of the bass outside the car is much louder.  Those are the only two difference I have noticed.  Oh, and it shakes your mirrors a hell of lot worse.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic