icon

eclipse radio

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
unreal3z 
Member - Posts: 21
Member spacespace
Posted: May 03, 2004 at 9:27 PM / IP Logged  

i work in best buy's installation and a customer gave me an eclipse radio because they got a new replacement and had no use for the eclipse because they didn't have the code to get into it because it came w/ the car. I've called eclipse about getting it unlocked but they want information that the owner cant provide, does anyone know a way to crack the radio or bypass the security. I would hate to see this thing go to waste because of no code

forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 8:27 PM / IP Logged  
Not gonna happen any time soon. If you work in the industry the best thing to do is the proper thing, that is send it to Eclipse and they will contact the owner. If it was the real owner of the Eclipse that "gave it to you", they would definitely been able to provide the necessary information to you to give to Eclipse. My bet is that the thing is hot.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Maxst 
Silver - Posts: 866
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 8:46 PM / IP Logged  
Im agreeing with forbidden on this.  Noone just "gives away" a high quality source like that.
I need quality equipment, feel free to donate.
unreal3z 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
I thought it was hot myself but as they explained that they bought the car used and wasn't given the info on the radio when they took the car in for servicing they were locked out and just wanted to replace it. I just did not want to go through the trouble of sending it off if there was a trick i could do myself.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 07, 2004 at 7:26 PM / IP Logged  
There is no trick that you can do yourself, what must be done is that it must be either sent to Eclipse or taken to an Eclipse authorized dealer where a ESN warranty registration update can be done. If this checks out and it turns out to be not stolen, then the unit can be registered in your name and unlocked by the authorized dealer.
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
unreal3z 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 08, 2004 at 12:15 PM / IP Logged  
Thanks a lot for the info

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic