icon

Brake wire bypass?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
msoljah 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 05, 2004 at 1:12 PM / IP Logged  

HELP!!!WHAT DOES GROUNDING THE GREEN WIRE MEAN?

I've read a lot of post that say one can ground the green cable/handbrake video regulator.....but my stereo Pioneer 7300dvd in dash and avmp9000r requires that I connect this wire to the + hand brake cable and as i understand it + (positive) is power and ground is - (minus). So how can I bypass the security feature? What does grounding mean??

I haven't installed the unit yet...I'm trying to install it in a MERCEDES, which as it turns out is a lot harder than I thought....Can anyone offer me any advice with this....Especifically I have trouble with the wires the RGB's and IP bus wires....I don't know which ones' to connect because the directions say some aren't connected and INSTALLER at GOOD GUYS AND BEST BUY tell me to connect them. ???? Also, I have a BOSE speaker system...some installers tell me that I have to bypass the factory BOSE amp...I don't know what they mean by that???? Others tell me that I have to re-wire the entire speaker system or possibly replace it....??? WHAT DO I DO and who do I listen to?

Alpineaudio 
Member - Posts: 3
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  

hello

bypassing the factory amp means that your have to run a wire to each speaker. there is a module you can buy so you can you use the factory amp

runs about 65.00 - 120.00 .

what year is the mercedes ?

your video headache  is simple   there is a wire that  reads brake wire  when this wire is grounded  this unlocks the the safety feature of most indash units.

california law states you can only watch tv or video while parked .

many shop s  will simply ground the wire to the ground of the radio . install every thing  leave the brake wire disconnected .

everything works except the video will say brake not on ..when it reads this on the screen  ground the brake wire the the ground ..

grazy dave from alpine audio stockton calif.

msoljah 
Member - Posts: 7
Member spacespace
Posted: May 06, 2004 at 4:02 AM / IP Logged  

The mercedes is a 1998, c280.

THANKS for the clarification on the brake wire and the factory amp. I tried to ground it by connecting the brake wire to the battery ground (-) and I got the "CANNOT USE THIS FEATURE WHILE DRIVING" message off, but then when I put a dvd in nothing happened....the unit just went nuts....it wouldn't play.

Does anyone have any information on how to install a PIONEER p7300dvdx and the AVM p9000R brain? I can't figure out how to wire them since the INSTRUCTIONS only show the wiring diagrams for the 7300, p900R and the tv tuner, or the tv tuner and the disc changer....there are no instructions for only hooking up the 7300 and the avm....the RGb cables are color labeled (dummy proof) but it still doesn't seem to work. I also attached the IP BUS cable from the display to the brain...but there is an empty IP BUS input on the display and I'm not sure if that input (IP on display) is supposed to be connected somewhere. Any advice is appreciated.

Loveforyou 
Member - Posts: 39
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 7:17 PM / IP Logged  
I have same problem my with7300dvd&8000r brain. hook up everything put dvd in won't play black screen. then i went to pioneer dealer tested they let me see it is play . they told you may hook something wrong. I have question on the brain the green wire next to the guide wire is this green wire connect to parking brake also i try it still got black sreen? any one help know info about this combo unit please help thank you.
Loveforyou 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 24, 2004 at 7:19 PM / IP Logged  

I'm confuse on RGB in and to display tv tunner. which one is connect to 7300dvd? i try both but still getting dark sreen won't play at all.

my12volts 
Member - Posts: 36
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
try hitting the power button on the unit....it has two powers one for radio and the other for dvd....
Loveforyou 
Member spacespace
Posted: May 26, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  
thank you I'll try.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic