Posted: May 11, 2004 at 6:43 AM / IP Logged  

Tools and materials:

•clothes hanger
•crimper
•soldering iron
•electric tape
•tyraps/wire looms(optional)

There are 3 modules that are most commonly used:

1)DEI 530T - controls auto up and down for 2 switches w/ one touch function.
2)DEI 529T - controls one auto direction for 2 windows or both directions for sunroof.
3)Autoloc WC1000 - controls auto up and down for 1 switch. The unit is cheap. The wires given are short, plastic is brittle and there isn't an adjustment for resistance for windows.

All of these modules are capable of integrating to the alarm if need be.

Where to buy:

[url]http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/accessories.html[/url]
[url]http://www.autoloc.com[/url]
[url]http://www.ebay.com[/url]

Window Module installation:

Here's a diagram of how our windows work

Critique FAQ for 530t and 529t modules -- posted image.

First you have to run the wires through the door. Use the hole where your speaker wires go through. A suggestion is to use a wire hanger and tape all the wires necessary to control the windows to the hanger and snake it it. Most likely, the wires would not be able to snake through the door loom. Make sure you use some electric tape to cover the wires to protect it from water. The inside or the doors are also capable of moisture, make sure you tape or cover your wires. You may need to extend the wires depending where you mount the window module.

Wire loom from car to door

For the both driverside and passenger side window:

• Cut the drivers and passengers window wires going to the switch in half, both up and down.

• Connect the wires from the module to the wires you just cut in half - I suggest soldering and electrical tape for the best connection.
• Switched wires from the module connects to the switch side of the wire you just cut; motor wires from the module connects to the wires heading towards the window motors on the vehicle.

Wiring codes:

*note: Honda wires on left hand side and module wires on right.

For DEI 530T-

Left window (driver side at master switch):

•RED / yel (switch down) - wht
•RED / yel (motor down) - grn
•RED / blu (switch up) - brn
•RED / blu (motor up) - blu

If you want one- touch operation for both the driver's switch and passenger's - You need to run the module wires over to the passenger side switch. Make sure you use no less than 16 guage wire for the motor.

Right window(passenger side at passenger switch):

•blu/red (switch down) - wht/blk
•blu/red (motor down) - grn/blk
•blu/wht (switch up) - brn/blk
•blu/wht (motor up) - blu/blk

sample of wire connection at passenger side window

If you just prefer to have the just master switch to control windows, here's the wire codes for the passenger window.

•blu/grn (switch down) - wht/blk

•blu/grn (motor down) - grn/blk
•blu/yel (switch up) - brn/blk
•blu/yel (motor up) - blu/blk

Ground wires from module - Connect to factory bolt

•violet
•blk
•violet/blk

•red- power

If you want your alarm remote to open and close windows:

•Orange - Connect this to your "ground when armed" wire of your alarm(the wire connected to your starter kill). Make sure you connect a 1 amp diode(1N4004), inline, with the cathode(side with a band) facing towards the alarm. Do the same if you were to use another window module. This wire will bring the windows up when you arm your alarm.

You can test this wire without connecting it by holding it against a ground. Also test to make sure you set the resistance for the windows. If you notice that the windows stop midway when you roll up the windows - increase resistance on the module.

Sample of the connection - 3 wires for starter kill relay and 2 for window modules

•RED / wht - Connect this wire to any channel on your alarm to roll the windows down.

•gray - this wire is supposed to delay sensors from going off when your arming your car. You'd need an additional relay to use it.

Sunroof

I used a 529t to wire the sunroof. I just wanted the sunroof to be automated with both closed when the alarm is armed or open with an alarm channel.

Honda sunroof wires:

•grn/red (switch up) - brown

•grn/red (motor up) - blue
•grn/yel (switch down) - grn
•grn/yel (motor down) - wht

This is important - you have to cut the sunroof wires pass the point where it's relays are used to open and close the sunroof. If you were to splice at the switch, the window module will not be able to control the sunroof automatically.

Here - I was able to get the sunroof wires at the drivers side kick plate.

•orange - GWA

•red - power

•black - ground

•ORANGE / blk and grey/blk - connect to aux channel of the alarm.

There is an interrmittent problem with the sunroof motor taking a few more seconds to stop after the roof has been closed or open all the way. The problem only occurs once the alarm passively arms itself. I'll update once I figure out the cause.

Now both the windows and the sunroof open and close with the press of the button.

phamine 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 11, 2004 at 6:49 AM / IP Logged  

The FAQ is for a 92-96 Honda Prelude.

I am still having an intermittent  problem where the moonroof would grind if the car was armed. It helped some what stopping the moonroof from grind when I disconnected the remote window roll down feature. What could have gone wrong? - Am I missing something from my wiring scheme? 

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic