the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

high end head units

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 9:58 PM / IP Logged  
Denon car audio is only sold in Japan as far as I know.  If you can speak Japanese or feel like poking around for images, their web site is http://denon.jp
Support the12volt.com
DYohn 
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 17, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

Ah.  I have discovered that a company in Mesa AZ has a distribution agreement for Denon car audio in the US.  Their website seems to be down, however here is the contact info:

Red Mountain Audio

1832 South Macdonald, Suite 106
Mesa, AZ 85210 US
phone: (480)962-1228
fax: (480)962-1254

Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 10:35 AM / IP Logged  
If you wanna see denon look at Rockford Decks with the alluminum faces. They look almost Identical. Speaking of which, I have heard that rockford sub-contracted denon to make there decks, any truth to that?
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
DYohn 
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 12:23 PM / IP Logged  

I just spoke to a rep. at Rockford Fosgate.  Yes, Denon produces two of their models only-the RFX8240 and RFX8250 Platinum head units. They started being produced two years ago by Denon.

I have not had a chance to listen to either of these (as I thought RF heads were built for them by Recotron) but I will get hold of one of these models ASAP now that I know it's Denon under the skin!

Support the12volt.com
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: May 18, 2004 at 12:28 PM / IP Logged  
Thats pretty cool. They looked Denon through and through but I havent gotten to play with one yet.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Chad7n7 
Silver - Posts: 408
Silver spacespace
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 10:32 AM / IP Logged  
Dyohn, may be a long shot, but now that Rockford has acquired MB Quart, and the new Quart "marine" deck is a Rockford replica, is there any chance of this being a Denon disguised also?? Also, our shop used to carry Denon, up until about 2 years ago, we still have a few collecting dust, so i think theres a possibility of a few others in US carrying these, not sure though.
DYohn 
Posted: May 19, 2004 at 10:48 AM / IP Logged  

A few Denon decks laying around collecting dust, eh?  Hmm.  PM me if there's a "good deal" offer in that statement!

Yea, I had heard that RF now owns Quart, but it remains to be seen what that means (if anything.)  It could be that the quality of RF speakers will increase (like what happened to Infinity car audio when they became part of the Harmon Group) or it could mean that the quality of MBQ might be eroded (like what is apparently happening to to PPI.)

The RF Marine line appears to be the same as their auto line, only re-packaged in water-resistant housings.  My contact at RF only mentioned the two older models referenced above as their Denon connection.

Support the12volt.com
colaroaster 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 9:09 PM / IP Logged  
so would the RFX8250 be considered a high end stereo? i considered buying one online, would it be a step up from pioneer? its hard too compare them too other decks, when nobodys got one.
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: May 20, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
That would be a hell yeah!
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Page of 2

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic