icon

viper 550hf question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
minytrker 
Member - Posts: 25
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 4:20 PM / IP Logged  
I have had several cars and trucks with 550's installed and never noticed this. On my 97 c1500 when I remote start it the volt gauge is around 12, but if I put the key in and turn off the remote start it goes up to 14. It does the same if its running and you remote start it, once you turn off the key the gauge drops, allthe other gauges are still working. I took it back to the shop that installed it and they said thats normal and showed me one of the blazers and it did the same. Has anyone seen this before?
deviousjoker 
Copper - Posts: 102
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 4:39 PM / IP Logged  

you might have a ign. wire that's not powered up.  your truck should read around 12v when it's off.....then it should read around 13-14v when running.......the only reason why this changes is when your truck is running the alternator charges the system.....giving you more voltage......if an ign wire or acc. wire isn't hook up it could just be running off your battery which will drain your truck over time.

First Class MECP Installer
minytrker 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 7:09 PM / IP Logged  
I understand that. The weird thing is that everything else works in the truck. Everything from the a/c, to the radio you name it except the alternator.
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 9:05 PM / IP Logged  
you will just have to look for it meter the wires at the ignition harness find ones which are not connected toand meter them for +12 volts and when you firn it remote start the truck and then jump +12 volts over to it from a fused source to ess if your voltage goes up . one of them will work.
minytrker 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 02, 2004 at 9:11 PM / IP Logged  
I will give it a try.....thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic