icon

2003 Chevrolet Onstar

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BChillin83 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

i got a 2003 chevrolet cavalier that has onstar. i called PAC to find out which harness i need and to confirm everything.  they told me that i would need the OS-2 onstar interface and if i wanted to keep my door chimes i would need the CM1 chime module. so i bought the OS-2 interface and the CM1 chime module.

http://www.pac-audio.com/products/onstar.htm

i replaced my factory head unit with an alpine IVA-d900. now that everything is hooked up onstar still doesnt work. door chimes work, RAP ( Retained Accessory Power) system works. The radio stays on after the key is turned off and stays on for aproximately 10 minutes or until a door is opened. the interface turns on because theres a green "ignition on" LED that turns on. everything works except onstar. so i called PAC tech support to address the issue. they told me they dont make a harness for the cavalier or sunfire and wondered why i bought it. the cavalier was listed on their web site until i wrote a nasty email telling them to update their applications list. sunfire still is though, and i believe the radios and what not are the same in those as they are in cavaliers. seems like im getting the run around with pac.

but even though everything else is working, theres got to be something i can do to get onstar back using this interface right? splice a new wire or do something. kinda sux paid alot of money for the harness and chime module

if anyone can help or has anything to add please respond to this post.

BChillin83 
Copper - Posts: 58
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 04, 2004 at 10:53 PM / IP Logged  

well the 2003 cavalier is still listed on their application list here but not on their web site

PDF flyer

http://www.pac-audio.com/app_guide/os2flyer.pdf

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic