icon

Clifford Matrix 3.5 & '04 Mustang GT

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
rysa 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: June 09, 2004 at 6:34 PM / IP Logged  
I'm about to install a clifford Matrix 3.5 into my mustang. Just wondering if there are any gotcha's around this install. If  people have xperience with either the alarm or the car and can perhaps save me some headscratching when it comes time to install it i would be grateful. Clifford Matrix 3.5 & '04 Mustang GT - Last Post -- posted image.
Teamrf 
Gold - Posts: 1,031
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 1:03 AM / IP Logged  
It's a pretty straight-forward install if you know alarms. If not you may have some trouble with the door trigger.
~The Rookie~
Rookie of the year that is...
Don't let the smoke out of your equiptment..it doesn't go back in.
rysa 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 10, 2004 at 10:53 AM / IP Logged  

I've done 2 alarm installs. 1 was a 99 honda accord and the other a '02 Dodge Ram (with the 5 wire door locks). Do you know off the top of your head any issues i might hit with the door triggers?

oxlong 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 1:44 AM / IP Logged  
I believe Fords had 12V positive door triggers (as a pose to a negative trigger like most cars have) some alarms have wires for both kinds, but some don't. If you only have a - input, goto the12volt.com to relays, and read up on using relays to reverse polarity.
profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 2:50 AM / IP Logged  
Dome Light YEL/BLK(DR) GY/RD(PS) AT GEM MODULE * SEE TECH NOTES **
**Dome Light:Ford's G.E.M. Will Drop A Low Signal Across The Dome Light And In Most Cases Cause A False Trigger. To Eliminate This Cut the Door Pin Trigger Wires At The G.E.M. And Insert A One-Amp Diode With Band Side Facing Doors.Make Your Isolated Connection On The Door Pin Side. The GEM (Generic Electronic Module) Is Behind The Dash Above The Brake Pedal.
heres another source: found through search and theyre diff. test them
DOMELIGHT BLACK/ WHITE ( + ) MODULE LEFT SIDE OF DASH
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
rysa 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 9:07 AM / IP Logged  
coo thanks guys.
94flamds10blazr 
Member - Posts: 9
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 12:47 PM / IP Logged  
you do have an extra key and the 555U box right? Youll need that for the remote start to work
rysa 
Member spacespace
Posted: June 11, 2004 at 11:11 PM / IP Logged  

Its a manual, and i dont plan to remote start it. But that brings up an interesting point, which is better, an alarm with a starter kill that can remote start using the 555U or just leaving the regular chip encoder in the car and not having it remote start. By Better i mean which is gonnna keep my car in the driveway if someone decides to steal it.

mecpcert_1 
Copper - Posts: 83
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 12, 2004 at 11:54 AM / IP Logged  
no matter what you do......there's always a tow truck. if you do decide to remote start your manual stang, make sure you go to the injectors and NOT the tach wire. this only applies to 2003's/4's ford and merc's. if you go to the tach, the vehicle will stay remote started for only 1-2 minutes and then shut down. after entering the diagnostic check for the d.e.i. remote starter, it will show  low/over rev shut down when going to the tach. good luck with whatever you decide to do.
do it right the first time....less warranty work=more money!:)

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic