icon

modifying brackets for new racing seats

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
99civictrbo 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: June 28, 2004 at 10:18 AM / IP Logged  
Has anyone ever modified the brackets of a car in order to accomadate for new racing seats. Im trying to do it for a 91 accord but have had no luck. Any advice woulde be helpful, Thanks in advance
99civivtrbo
pimpgtivr6 
Copper - Posts: 53
Copper spacespace
Posted: June 29, 2004 at 8:16 AM / IP Logged  
i've done it many times actually. When i get a customer that is too cheap to buy brackets i end up making them..and charge them more than it would have cost for the right parts. Anyway...most stock seats have "feet" riveted onto the sliders on the bottom. If you drill out the rivets and pop the feet off...KEEPING TRACK OF THEIR ORDER..you can then weld them to the aftermarket sliders after measuring carefully to make sure they are in the same location. I usually drill some holes and bolt them to the sliders temporarily til i test fit them in the car ...then i weld them in. It is not too hard...takes me about 1-2 hrs per seat to get it done right. Way easier to just buy the brackets and sliders for your vehicle when you purchase the seats. If you need help locating them..let me know..my AOL IM is PimpGtiVR6 337.   Peace
99civictrbo 
Member - Posts: 28
Member spacespace
Posted: July 15, 2004 at 1:33 PM / IP Logged  
thanks for the help, I have been unable to work on that project because of family emergencies, but i will get to that this weekend.
99civivtrbo

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic