Testing remote starter without hoodpin

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cpgoose 
Gold - Posts: 1,098
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2002 at 1:07 PM / IP Logged  

Hi,

1.  I will eventually hook up the hood pin switch so the remote starter will disable when the hood is opened, but if I want to test the remote

starter without the hoodpin connected, do I have to just ground the hood pin wire....or just tape it up?

2.  Ooh, can I ask another?  (I'm adding a remote start to existing alarm).  The RS manual says if I already have a hoodpin switch for the alarm,

I can use that for the remote starter as well...but I have to diode isolate each one.  What is the negative effect if I do not use the diodes for each wire?  Just curious.

THANKS!

gpgtp00 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2002 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  
if you ground the switch, it will tell the alarm that the hood is open, in turn preventing the remost start to operate. As far as the hood switch is concerned, as long as its negative input, i dont see why you couldnt use it. I always just hook up a hood pin or mercury tilt sensor for the hood. If it is positive and you decide you want to use it, you have to hook up a relay to make it a ground input.
joyride2k 
Member - Posts: 40
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2002 at 5:13 PM / IP Logged  
1.) This depends on what your r/s requires to start. DEI for instance sees nothing when the hood is closed, but ground when opened. Code Alarm on the other hand sees nothing when the hood is open, but ground when it's closed. So it depends on your r/s.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic