icon

2000 Grand Am keyless module location

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
knotez1 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2002 at 9:01 PM / IP Logged  

This seems to be some high security information. I am trying to find out where GM places/locates the keyless entry module. Have a 17 yo daughter with this vehicle and have a OEM module and matching fobs, now just to find the factory harness connector and the location to clip it in.

I have done numerous seaches on-line and in repair manuals ..... no luck, hope to find my guru here

Thanks for the time and thought

Knotez1

Chris Luongo 
Platinum - Posts: 3,746
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 11, 2002 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  

I have no idea where it is, but I could give some guesses....

What repair manuals have you checked?  The real GM one, or those crappy Chilton's/Haynes things?

Operate your daughter's cars factory power door lock button back and forth, while listening for clicks in the dashboard.  The clicking is the relays, which control the locks.......the relays are most likely built into the Body Control Module (BCM).  Perhaps you can find a bracket, an unused plug, or some other hint of where the keyless unit might belong.

gpgtp00 
Copper - Posts: 81
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2002 at 12:33 AM / IP Logged  
you got it man... BCM. Im not sure if its gonna be pre-powered or not, but if you want, you can give me a call. Email me at gpgtp00@msn.com and ill email you back my phone number. I have a 2000 Grand Prix and i cant imagine that the set-ups would be any different. Now.. Just so you know, if in fact that BCM is pre-wired like i think it is, then its gonna take some programming. Its not just a clip-in installation. You need the actual GM books to program it, but if its the same as the Grand Prix, i can walk you through it or email some pretty detailed steps on how to do it. Email me if you wanna call and ill see if we cant get this set up for ya. Take Care ~Ed

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic