icon

Wiring multiple LED bars in zones

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cz2k38 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 09, 2004 at 8:57 AM / IP Logged  

I was hoping that someone would be able to offer me the proper advice on how to wire up a set of LED light tubes.  Basically i'm going to be running 6 tubes; 1 under each seat and 2 in the hatch area.  I'm trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to wire it all together.  I'm not sure if its too difficult but i'm hoping to be able to give the car seperate switchable "zones" if you will; front, rear, and trunk for the tubes.  Basically so that if I wanted to just have the hatch lit I could with the flick of a switch or just the rear seats, etc.  I was also wondering if it was a possibility of being able to "dim' or control the voltage of all the tubes.  I'm open to ALL and ANY suggestions.....??

dbdraggirl 
Copper - Posts: 75
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 11, 2004 at 5:46 PM / IP Logged  
Toggle Switches.. You just wire the ones you want to come on together to one toggle; say rear on one; trunk on another etc...
Girls can do anything guys can do!!
2~12" Kove Armageddon Z's
US Amps 2000x
US Amps 4300x (mids & highs)
US Amps X2R Crossover
Clarion DXZ745MP
2~Kove 5 1/4" KC Components
CompuStar Alarm :o)
maglin 
Copper - Posts: 206
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 8:17 AM / IP Logged  

Ah... as for teh dimming, you can yoink a dimmer switch from any car in teh junk yard, or buy em new from a radio shack type place. 

its quite simple... 12v -> Dimmer Switch - > Light group - > ground.

don't forget to fuse the circuit.  And i'm not sure, but you might have to ground the dimmer switch itself too...  *shrugs*

Just, as dbdraggirl said, just group the lights the way you want them to be.

~~Dan

cz2k38 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 9:56 AM / IP Logged  
Cool guys, thanks Wiring multiple LED bars in zones - Last Post -- posted image.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 4:17 PM / IP Logged  
awesome i gotta questions is there a like a box where i can insert all the switches into. then have that box switch attached some where in my car ?
nickch 
Copper - Posts: 50
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 13, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  

errr.. for the boxes, you can get those project boxes that you're meant to put circuit boxes into and drill holes for the wires and switches. you can even get those shalow ones for easy mounting but just make sure that the switches can fit in it. the only problems would be the wire mess in the box (confusing) mess of wires coming out of it but that can be solved using wiring loom or tubing.

as for the dimming you could use potentiometers and such, if u want, you could use those potentiometers to off the lights at the minimum setting tho it would create some heat, if u get a properly rated one it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic