icon

Infinity vs AudioBahn

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 4:23 PM / IP Logged  

Right now i am trying to decide between 3 Infinity Kappa Perfect 12s and 3 Audiobahn Alum12Qs. Im trying to get kinda a show system going so thats why im attracted to the Alums and have heard a few good things about them but i have heard more good things about the Perfects but they arent as good looking as the Alums. So im asking is there a big difference between the two subs audio wise. And in the past i have owned a brahma 12 and a Solobaric 15 and while the brahma had incredible SQ it wasnt enough SPL and cost too much to get another and the Solobaric had crazy SPL but no SQ so im looking to go somewhere in the middle. And the subs are priced about the same on ebay which is about 300-350 for all of them.

thanks

2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 4:40 PM / IP Logged  
audiobahn isn't event in the same league as Infinity. Those 12Q's will get louder, but as they do those aluminum cones will distort the crap out of your music. The kappas will hit hard, low, and clean. I'm all for the kappas over the alum's
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
ravenndude 
Silver - Posts: 250
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 5:26 PM / IP Logged  
I just installed an Infinity Perfect kappa 12.1 in my Sonata and i love it to death ... and i'm only giving it 150 watts RMS
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  

Let me see how should I put this... GO with the Kappa's. They have great SQ but should still get plenty loud.

pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 18, 2004 at 9:10 PM / IP Logged  
The Audibahns will get louder, but you wil lose a lot of SQ.  Plus, it seems like EVERYONE has audiobahn in their cars these days, they might impress the casual onlookers at shows, but those into  car audio will have greater respect for the Kappas. What amp(s) are you planing on using?
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 12:11 AM / IP Logged  
the little badge on the audiobahns usually come off as ive seen....and i have kappas in my car.. so id have to say kappas...
jvillefinest 
Copper - Posts: 255
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 12:30 AM / IP Logged  
Pimpcavy: im planning on staying with the JBL 1200.1 amp and i figure i will get all 1200 running to them so about 400 watts to each sub would be about how much they would get and i dont see them blowing off 400 watts...well hopefully!
2007 Acura TSX
SQ setup in the works
mobile E 
Copper - Posts: 217
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
i can vouch for the infiniys , and as for the audiobahn.. what they said  (Look Up)...
flatulatta 
Silver - Posts: 356
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 12:37 AM / IP Logged  
nice choice in amps which 1200.1 is it??? the bp or bpx?
Mrhunter 
Copper - Posts: 86
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 19, 2004 at 3:34 PM / IP Logged  
Is there that big of a difference between the Referance and Kappa series?
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic