Who’s Who?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Dragonma15 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 13, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this forum, but I have been reading up on everything I can. 

I am part owner of a father/son Auto Repair shop.  I have been turning wrenches since I was 11, and car stereo has always been a hobby of mine.  I have been installing remote starters and alarms for a while now, and have been installing systems on the side for more than a few years.  While the auto repair business has been good, I've always wanted to start my own install shop.  Maybe some day....

Thanks,

Gregg

russ lund 
Copper - Posts: 188
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 24, 2004 at 9:45 AM / IP Logged  
I'm a 20+ year veteran(or victim) of the consumer electronics biz.An audio freak for longer.My personal hobbies are a pirate radio station,guitar playing,and working concert security at a few outdoor festivals.I love debunking the myth of some car audio companies.I guess I like a little chaos now and then.
BigDog
sone4200 
Copper - Posts: 34
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 01, 2004 at 5:18 PM / IP Logged  
I'm kinda new at installing. Been doing head units and Subs for quite a while, just recently gotten into screens, and all those goodies. I'm only 19, so I guess I got time to learn the rest. Hope to open my own shop in the future. hope to learn as much as I can from you guys.
S-One
1992 Buick Lesabre
Clarion Dxz945MP
2000w Wolfenhag 4 channel amp
2 12" Kicker Solo L7's
gus1 
Gold - Posts: 1,013
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 03, 2004 at 1:24 AM / IP Logged  
Hey all... My name is Emil. I've been into this 12V stuff for almost 14 years now... ever since I got my Panasonic CD player to fit into the ashtray location of my '71 Impala, I've been hooked! Audio doesen't really do much for me anymore, I'm more of a remote start/alarm guy.... y'know, where the money is out here in the praries. I am one of the installers at a moderately sized chain, and still don't mind going to work every day.. it beats being behind a desk!
Whooo!
Gus
Wherever I go, that is where I end up......
americaninstall 
Member - Posts: 6
Member spacespace
Posted: October 08, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  

hi, im 21 and i am fairly new to installation.  i started when i turned sixteen and by 18 was eager to get a "paying" installer position.  i got lucky and jumped on at circuit city where iwas very fortunate to work with the best tean circuit city had in the midwest.  i learned alot when they moved so did i now i am currently employed by american which is an actual custom shop(very different from circuit) and between ourcrew there and all the extremely experienced people hear hope to learn even more

Ringo 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 5:33 PM / IP Logged  

I am Ringo.  I live in Colorado.  I am not a professional, in fact I always pull my hair out when installing, but it ends up working and I do a clean and neat job of it.

Next week I am doing my first alarm install with remote start and keyless entry.  Wish me luck...

PS - I have installed an alarm before, but not with the keyless entry and the remote start.  I am printing out everything that I can find to help me.

1990 Ford Bronco XLT Alpine/Kenwood XM system 2 amps 5 speakers Keyless entry remote start soon to have DVD player
2001 Harley FXSTS
audiopro111 
Copper - Posts: 160
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 09, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
hey everyone how it going i'm 29 years old and i've been installing since i was about 13 years old i'm from new jersey and  learned everything i know by just jumping into it .I work for a company that does aftermarket installs for more than 85% of new jerseys new and used car dealerships i dont have any degrees except i keep getting recertified M.E.C.P like i said i don't have any degrees.  what can i say this is my hobbie ,my passion,my job and my life.....There's something about putting something in a vehicle that it wasn't designed for or it didn't have it in the first place and just to see the face of a satisfied customer of the work that i've done on there car  JUST MAKES MY DAY!!!!!!
AudioPro111
audiobass10 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 11, 2004 at 10:44 PM / IP Logged  

My name's Dave and I must say i'm impressed with all of the professionals and their backgrounds in this forum. I'm just a 16  year old high school student who's real interested in learning new things about car audio. Right now i have: (2) 12" audiobahn 400wrms subs( I forget the model number), 1 Audiobahn A8000T mono amplifier 800.1, Sealed enclosure, DB 2 guage wires, Pair of 5.25 blaunkpunkt pro component speakers in the front and back. I drive a Jeep cherokee and i'm planning on adding a new system real soon. I'll post about that later. I feel like the black sheep in this forum! I have no installation expertise although I know some basic things. I'm really looking forward to getting a lot of tips and advice from all you experienced pro insallers! That's pretty much all I've got.

Dave
Pioneer Premier DEH-P660
15" Kicker CVR
Profile AP1000M
It's Loud
meh66 
Copper - Posts: 266
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 17, 2004 at 9:37 AM / IP Logged  

Hi,

My name is Ed. I have been installing Car Audio as a hobby since 1990. I never had any training besides by doing and asking questions. I do have an EE degree and I am working on getting my Master's in both EE and Business. At this time, I have installed about three alarms with remote starters and I can honestly say, I had problems with the 2002 Plymouth Voyager but thanks to the professional on here, I was able to resolve the issues and I have not heard back from her...good sign I hope. I currently work in the telecommunication industry and have been every since after high school, I joined the Army and stayed there for seven years. My true passion is mobile electronics and I tried on many occassions to get a job with a company to get some training, but no one would hire so, I started my own part time business doing what I love. I must say every car is a challenge when it comes to alarms. I live in the Marylnd area and if anyone knows of any shops or schools I can get some training let me know. I am planning on taking the Basic MECP test in November.

MEH66
"Car Performance and Mobile Electronic Enthusiats"
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 2:04 AM / IP Logged  

since i've been flooding the forum here lately i guess it's time i introduced myself...the name is kozon...i only have about two years of install under my belt...just recently got into building boxes...getting ready to start foxing around with fiberglass...went to college for 5 years and majored in drinking...due to the fact that it took me 5 years before figuring out that ball state wasn't for me is one good way that you can tell that i am genuine pollock(did i even spell that right)...the only thing i KNOW about cars and or car audio is that i want to know more...so if my numerous posts make anybody mad...sorry...always trying to learn more...as for you vets who try to apologize for your achievements...don't...it's what most strive for...essentially...working with cars is the only job i've ever really enjoyed...i currently work for a large retail store...and i too would like to keep their name out of it so that my opinions won't be associated with the companys...i am not a fan of large retail stores but they pay better than any other option i have right now...so until i win the lottery and can open up my own shop...i guess this will have to do for now...

Page of 16

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic