icon

Speakers Wired backwards?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
DaGr8n8 
Member - Posts: 46
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  

ok i just wired my speakers into my acura legend 90 2d and the doors are imposible almost to take off and takes FOREVER aha,and i cant rember if i wired the moen way or anouther... so will i beable to tell if they are wired backwords because or bad sound quality or static or will they just blow??.

one friend said oen thing and anouther said the oppset.. errrr

i would like test them real low volume and then go up from there  but could i tell??? thanks :)

DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  

help plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:04 AM / IP Logged  
depends on the speaker. Some speakers will work the same either way, but most will have a much lower volume or are really distored sounding inparticularly ones with crossovers. They wont just 'blow' unless u try pushing them at max power with their wires running in reverse polarity because the crossover wont stop the frequencies that the speaker isn't desinged to handle. Hope that helped
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:11 AM / IP Logged  
so i should be able tto tell right? (thanks)
xtreamcc 
Silver - Posts: 467
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:25 AM / IP Logged  
yeah, they will definately play different if there's a problem so u shouldn't have any trouble tell'n if they are or not.
"Shiny chrome when used in conjunction with bikini models is particularly effective in inducing brain deficit disorder"
02 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Monster System on its way.
kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:34 AM / IP Logged  
If you can place a small straw through the speaker grill so that it just barely touches the cone.  Then using a 9V battery, test pop, place + to one speaker lead and - to the other and see if the straw moves out away from the speaker.  If it does then the postive lead is the wire connected to the postive side of the battery.  If the straw does not move, switch the wires at the battery just to make sure and it should move out towards you, if so then the wire on the  + battery side is your + speaker wire.
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 1:39 AM / IP Logged  
wow that a gopd idea but sry i cant get to the speakers... but a DAM good idea!!! is there Karma on the 12 volt?
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 4:43 AM / IP Logged  
if your just referring to your front door speakers, turn on your h/u and listen to a song that you're familiar with. fade all sound to the front, then adjust the balance to either left or right. if the bass response seems to improve when adjusted to one side as opposed to being centered, then those 2 are out of phase.
but then you ask....which one is the wrong one? do the same trick again, but this time adjust your balance to one side first, then adjust fade to see if you notice better bass response from one speaker's sound or with both. the side that has better bass response when centered will be the correct side.
it's kinda tough to do with one person. kemci's idea is much more accurate and reliable. btw, those door panels are not all that difficult to remove. good luck!
jimmeezgolfvr6 
Silver - Posts: 258
Silver spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 4:45 AM / IP Logged  
oh, i forgot to mention that the method that i explained in the previous post only works if the rear speakers are correctly wired!
DaGr8n8 
Member spacespace
Posted: July 26, 2004 at 6:31 PM / IP Logged  
do u have an acura legend 90 2d?, th reasion i think it is so hard is because u have to get the top metal part off the door witch takes much talent lol

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic