icon

Multiple screens

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
stamper 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: August 04, 2004 at 9:25 AM / IP Logged  

Hey guys, new to the mobile video.  Wife has new expedition and the kids want screens.  I was going to put four screens on the back of each headrest.  I have the Alpine IVA-D300 in the dash, but want to put another DVD player under one of the back seats.  What do I need to buy so I can send different video to each screen.

For example, calling the headrest screens 1,2,3,4.  Screen 1 wants to watch video from the alpine and screen 3 wants to watch video from the underseat DVD.  Is this possible.

Also, pushing it to the next level, what if the scenario above is going on, and one of my girls wants to play her playstation on screen 2.

Is this at all possible.  Is there a video switcher to send to each screen individually.  Also, what is a good quality screen that has a built in IR for the headphones for each screen.

Thanks guys and gals.

Stamper
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 9:43 AM / IP Logged  
Most headrest screen assy will come with a signal splitter.  This will alow you to have multiple input and output sources.  Check out  Epik, and Myron & Davis just to name a few
Do it right the first time
Quiqsv6 
Member - Posts: 5
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2004 at 2:22 PM / IP Logged  
You can get an A/V switcher like what I just won off of ebay to alow 4 a/v inputs and three a/v outputs. I'm sure there is one that has 4 a/v outputs though. That way you hook up all your components to that one switcher and each screen can toggle between diffent video sources. Just gotta make sure each screen has it's own speakers otherwise getting the different sounds would be another problem.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic