icon

Clifford rsx3.5

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
lilboi 
Copper - Posts: 126
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 1:45 AM / IP Logged  
i don't have that kind of money to just throw away. I only need to program it once and that's it.
SoCalBluetooth 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 4:46 AM / IP Logged  

In that case then you need to follow the instructions in the installation manual. (pages 40 & 41) It's really not that difficult. Open door, turn Ignition on & off, Press and hold valet switch.

Continue holding untill you get to 3 led flashes / chirps. then release the valet switch. Your now in menu #3 remote start options.

Within 10 seconds press the valet button 6 times. On the 6th press of the switch keep it pressed. The LED will now start to flash 5 times in groups of three. This indicates you are now at menu #3-5, the crank time settings of the remote start menu. (If you don't get the correct number of flashes don't worry. Do nothing for 15 seconds and you will exit the learn routine. Simply start over.)

Once you get the correct number of led flashes / chirps, continue to hold the valet button and press the lock button on your remote 7 times. Then release the valet switch.

If you hear one long unexpected chirp during this process, you've waited too long between steps and the system exited you from the learning mode. Just start over and after a few times you'll get the hang of it.

All of that aside, why do you care about the crank time? Aren't you monitoring the motor tach or voltage? If you are then it really doesn't matter what the crank time is.

Anyway, hope this helps and if anyone wants to use my Bitwriter and your in SoCal Zip 92563, just PM me to make arrangements.

lilboi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 6:37 PM / IP Logged  

I drive a manual. I don't want to car to keep on trying if i'm in gear. How long will the auto start try for?

Last time i was sitting in the car, left it in gear. And tried the auto start. The started to inch forward. I stopped it after 3 seconds.

Daveyw8vey 
Member - Posts: 11
Member spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 11:53 PM / IP Logged  

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I have a clifford 3.5 matrix, had it in my 02 accord since feb of this year, maybe march.  Recently the battery was going dead on my remote so I replaced it.  It didn't respond, didn't resync or nuffin.  I looked up in directed.com the owners manual or instructions manual and due to the code hopping, when trying to resync the remote after battery replacement, one must press the lock button several times in range in order to resync itself.  Im still stuck, even tried holding the lock button, taking the battery out and pressing the lock, tried holding different combinations and etc.  My friend who works at best buy in ny who originally installed it said to replug in the antenna but that didn't do much.  I've tried however to look up how to program replacement 2 way remotes to try it on this but no luck.  If anyone gots any idea, I'd appreciate the suggestions.  I know I can take it to best uy and get it done for a surcharge but I would like to see any other ideas.  Does unplugging the car battery for an hour do anything to reset?  Maybe I need a new antenna replacement, I did read on one forum about someone stating the antennas last from 6 months to 2 years.  Hopefully I don't have to go to the brain itself becuz its well snug in my dash deep but thanks for readin, I look fwd to any comments.

Need money to hook up car, donate now =)
SoCalBluetooth 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 9:16 PM / IP Logged  
lilboi wrote:

I drive a manual. I don't want to car to keep on trying if i'm in gear. How long will the auto start try for?

Last time i was sitting in the car, left it in gear. And tried the auto start. The started to inch forward. I stopped it after 3 seconds.

2 seconds is the crank time following the directions I posted.

SoCalBluetooth 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 9:29 PM / IP Logged  
Daveyw8vey wrote:

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I have a clifford 3.5 matrix, had it in my 02 accord since feb of this year, maybe march.  Recently the battery was going dead on my remote so I replaced it.  It didn't respond, didn't resync or nuffin.  I looked up in directed.com the owners manual or instructions manual and due to the code hopping, when trying to resync the remote after battery replacement, one must press the lock button several times in range in order to resync itself.  Im still stuck, even tried holding the lock button, taking the battery out and pressing the lock, tried holding different combinations and etc.  My friend who works at best buy in ny who originally installed it said to replug in the antenna but that didn't do much.  I've tried however to look up how to program replacement 2 way remotes to try it on this but no luck.  If anyone gots any idea, I'd appreciate the suggestions.  I know I can take it to best uy and get it done for a surcharge but I would like to see any other ideas.  Does unplugging the car battery for an hour do anything to reset?  Maybe I need a new antenna replacement, I did read on one forum about someone stating the antennas last from 6 months to 2 years.  Hopefully I don't have to go to the brain itself becuz its well snug in my dash deep but thanks for readin, I look fwd to any comments.

Try this. This is the procedure for a replacement transmitter / remote.

1. Open a door

2. Turn Ignition key to on position.

3. Within 5 seconds press the Valet / Program button twice. On the second push hold it. The LED will flash once and the siren will chirp once.

4. Do not release the Valet / program button yet. While holding the Valet / Program button press the lock button on your remote transmitter. The siren should chirp once. This last chirp confirms the unit has learned the remote transmitter.

5. Release the Valet / Program button and then turn off and remove ignition key.

Hope this works for you. It worked for me when I purchased a second remote transmitter to use as a spare.

Daveyw8vey 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
Actually turns out it was a defective remote from what I assume.  Hopefully I can find the receipt, but I knew somethin was up kuz that annoying beep lowered in volume.  Never dropped it though,  but the reason why I am confirming it is because I just put a new energizer battery, the ones wit maximum digital camera power.  So anyways I was showin it to one of my boys who tried resetting it when taking the battery out and it didnt at all, no lil song or lcd or nuffin.  Today however  the battery was dead.  Hopefully I can swap it, I know its hard because that'd mean they would hafta send the brain and all back to the factory but I'll see what I can do.  Thanx for the help, I'll keep you updated.
SoCalBluetooth 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2004 at 4:09 AM / IP Logged  
If you can't find the receipt you should check out Ebay for a replacement remote. I've seen them for $75. I've also seen the "Companion" remote for around $60. The companion remote is a one way remote so no paging function but it does everything else the 2 way remote does.
Daveyw8vey 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 20, 2004 at 11:49 PM / IP Logged  
I found the receipt!!! =) I'll take it there first thing in the morning.  Hopefully they don't give me the run around about oh its a 5 sp, we can't provide any troubleshooting, which I agree, but I know I need a responder replacement so *fingers crossed* Im goona call my friend who has friends that work in install, wish me luck.  Any one else have any defects on their original remotes?  I know the Clifford Matrix 3 had a recall , atleast in NY because the two way function eventually faded and stopped working, hence y 3.5 came out, but I do remember they were still selling matrix 3 in Jersey for a while longer.
lilboi 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 21, 2004 at 4:03 AM / IP Logged  
SoCalBluetooth wrote:
lilboi wrote:

2 seconds is the crank time following the directions I posted.

I don't understand what you're stating.

Page of 6

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic