Help! +12VDC wire on Ford with delay dome light

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
2hotford 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: September 16, 2002 at 7:46 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Guys,

I am still having problems with the door triggers on a 99 Ford Super Duty. I found the BLACK/ blue wire in the driver's kick panel that shows +12 volt with the door open. However, that damn dome light delay is messing with the door trigger on the alarm.

Could someone please tell me how to get around this problem, or suggest another door trigger wire that avoids the dome light delay? Could you please supply diagrams if a diode or relay is needed and /or wire color and location?

Thanks guys! You guys rock!!!

go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 1:27 AM / IP Logged  
I could be wrong since i never had to worry about domelight delay since all the alarms i worked with was programmable for domelight delay. I thought the door trigger was in the latching mechanism which should be negative trigger to the domelight delay module. So you might be able to get each door and diode isolate.
Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
2hotford 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks for the reply!

I can not seem to find whether or not the alarm can be programmed for the delay (Viper 300+). Someone suggested finding alternate wires that are not affected by the delay dome light. Any ideas???  HELP!! PLEASE!!!!!!

Tim

ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 11:07 AM / IP Logged  
The viper alarm will chirp once when armed and once more to let you know that the domelight is still on if the alarm is using the domelight to monitor the doors.  After the domelight goes off, the alarm should still continue to monitor the doors.  If the domelight comes on again, by opening door, the alarm should still go off.  If the second chirp goes off, I believe that the viper can be programmed to silence the second chirp.
2hotford 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  

Hey Shaun! Thanks for the reply!

Do you have any idea how to program the alarm  to avoid the second chirp?

Thanks Bud!

Tim

ShaunD912 
Copper - Posts: 140
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 11:32 AM / IP Logged  

I have a python 1500 that I installed on my truck.  I'm not certain they are the same, but it's worth a try.  First make sure the door triggers work and that you have the valet switch hooked up.  If so, open a door, turn ignition on and back off.  Press and hold valet switch.  After 3 seconds the siren will chirp once.  This lets you into menu 1.  Since what you need is in menu 2 keep holding the valet switch until the siren chirps twice.  After that release the valet switch.  Then press and release the valet switch 6 times.  After that press and hold the valet switch.  The siren should chirp 6 times.  While still  holding the valet switch you can toggle the option on and off with the transmitter.  I'm not sure what buttons to use on your transmitter, but if the siren chirps once while you are doing this last part then the option is on.  If it chirps twice then it's off.  After you get it to chirp twice release the valet switch.  You shoud be finished.  To exit the learning routine close the door or turn on ignition.  Check to see if it worked.  If the menus and options are different from mine then I would suggest doing the same thing again and turning the option back on because I'm not sure what it is.  It might need to be on.  But if it is the same it should take care of the second chirp.

2hotford 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 6:05 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Shaun!!

Thanks for the reply !! I will give your suggestion a try. I have tried everything else under the sun!!

I'll let you know! Thanks again!!

Tim

2hotford 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 17, 2002 at 9:24 PM / IP Logged  

Hi Shaun!

Nope, that did not do it either! I am totally stumped!

Any other ideas???? Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers,

Tim

go2pac 
Copper - Posts: 179
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2002 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
I believe the Viper300 is a very old alarm which does not have any programmable features. You will have to find the separate trigger wires i mentioned before.
Karl
Pacific Accessory Corporation
Mobile Audio Interfacing Equipment
Connecting You to Your Music Since 1976
2hotford 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 18, 2002 at 1:03 PM / IP Logged  

Hey Karl

What brand of alarms are you using that have programming for domelight delays etc...?

Do any of the Cliffords have this feature?

Thanks Bud!

Tim

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic