icon

Special wiring for lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
foxhound 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 12:40 AM / IP Logged  
First off, I have one set of driving lights and one set of fog lights mounted to the grill guard on my truck. I also have a set of aux back up lights under the rear bumper. I want to be able to turn them all on using my remote so I am using the out for channel 4. Do I need to have the output go to a relay and then have that relay turn on the 3 relays controlling the lights, or can the output turn on 3 relays by itself? Second I am thinking about wiring the siren output to turn on these lights so that when the alarm goes off my truck lights up the night. The thing is the lights are pretty damn bright and I could see them causing problems if I am aimed down a road or something, so I am not sure if that is a good idea. But on the other hand it would definately attrack attention. If I decide to do that, do I just split the brown output to drive two relays, one for the sirens and another to turn on the 3 light relays?
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
I have an optima yellow top in the engine compartment and a second isolated optima red top in my bed. If some how my yellow top drains the entire way I just flip a switch and the red top takes over. And I dont think that is the law here in missouri, and if it is I have never had a problem with the police. I still am not sure if I should do it or not but neither one of those concern me much.
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 10, 2004 at 10:57 PM / IP Logged  
Oh well, not much on my truck is legal from the tinting to the exhaust.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 8:48 AM / IP Logged  
it's not a federal law! here in North Carolina it's as follows; "NCGS 20-130(b) Headlamps-no more than 2 auxilary driving lamps; must meet requirements for head lamps ($50 infraction)". i'm from Missouri and if you really need it, i can find out for sure for you. anyway, there's no law that specifically says you can't have them, just can't have them ALL on at the same time while operating on a public roadway. however; off road use is another story...DOT doesn't apply nor many of the laws.
foxhound 
Member spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 4:21 PM / IP Logged  
I know in Missouri the law says no more than 4 headlights of 300 candlewatt power or more at a time. And I honestly cant think of a reason why it would be illegal to be able to turn on my fog lights with my head lights off, but a lot of laws dont really make sense.
another-kelly 
Silver - Posts: 618
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 11, 2004 at 10:42 PM / IP Logged  

i'm getting tired of retyping my posts cause this pos LAN.

anyway, i'm not disputing bobk's part about the fogs w/o headlights, i'm saying that DOT doesn't apply to you doing what you want to do to your vehicle except that when it it being operated on a public roadway it must abide by all laws and regulations. how many products are marketed as "For Show or Off-Road Use Only"? why is that?

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic