icon

Help me get rid of the annoying vibration

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
vbel 
Copper - Posts: 246
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 10:43 PM / IP Logged  
I have aftermarket speakers and hu in my car, and last night I also installed a 75x4 amp. Well, I'm in love with my system now (after I added the amp), but at high volumes and loud bass, my door panels and the rear deck vibrate and rattle, which produce an ugly distortion. My speakers are doing fine though. Is there some way I could get rid of this vibration?? The rattling kind of messes everything up :(
godd dan it 
Copper - Posts: 446
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Take the door panels off and apply some sound dampening on the inside off the doors. Heres some brands of sound dampening you can buy.........dynamat, fatmat, raam mat......etc.etc. I dont know what to tell you about the rear deck vibrating.
vdubmk4 
Copper - Posts: 175
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 10:54 PM / IP Logged  
Install some sort of sound dampening like fatmat, dynamat, brown bread, ext. I personally like fatmat.
Fortune: You will continue to take chances, and be glad you did.
vbel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 11:07 PM / IP Logged  
How well does it work? Would it help remove all of vibration or just some? How hard is it to install?
vdubmk4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 11:14 PM / IP Logged  
How hard it is to install depends on how hard it is to remove the panels in ur car, usually easy but tricky. It is a foil and rubber combo that absorbs vibrations and sounds. Each brand has different versions of it, some versions are made to specifically reduce or stop vibrations and some are mainly to keep the sound in your car and reduce minor vibrations.
vbel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 14, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Oh, removing the panels for me is not a problem, I was more concerned about how and where to place it in the doors and how it should be mounted or what holds it in place anyway.
vdubmk4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 8:51 AM / IP Logged  
You place it newhere you can. It has a peel away backing that exposes the adhesive then you just press it on and use a roller to smooth it out.
customsuburb 
Gold - Posts: 1,813
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 9:48 AM / IP Logged  
I have heard that brown bread is good. You can stop vibration from your rear deck by putting some sound dampening material on it.
vdubmk4 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 1:01 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah you can prob access it from ur trunk and you can just put it underneath if you can get it from the top.
vbel 
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 2:00 PM / IP Logged  
I looked at Dynamat website and there they had a "speaker kit" which covers a 10x10 area where the door speaker is, and there is also a "door kit" which covers the whole door. Would I be ok with covering only the speaker or should I cover the whole door? All I want is to stop the vibration (as much as possible), don't really care much about road noise.
Page of 4

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic