icon

Domelight supervision wire for 03 s-10

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
foxhound 
Member - Posts: 37
Member spacespace
Posted: August 15, 2004 at 1:23 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 2003 Chevy S-10 Pickup and I need to get a good domelight supervision wire. Heres the story I put my domelight supervision, door trigger, and factory rearm wire all to my door pin on the drivers side. Works fine, but I lost my retained assec power because when I shutdown it pulses the door pin. Decided I would rather have my radio and stuff be on for 20min on the rare occasion I dont get in my truck after remote starting. So I cut the factory rearm wire. Still no RAP because the Viper 791xv pulses the domelight supervision wire so that hits the pin switch and kills my RAP. Can I program the alarm to not pulse the domelight after shutting it down? If not where is a good wire that will only do the lights. The guide I have says to use the door trigger but I dont want too. I know there is a wire because the factory system turns on the lights as soon as you take out the key. I am not sure if I can use the key sense wire or not, I am not sure what else would be affected. I cant think of anything but I dont know.

What do you think? If I can use the key sense wire anyone know what color it is and where it is? Hopefully at the BCM so I dont have to rip apart the steering column again.

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 9:05 AM / IP Logged  
YOur vehicle has 2 door triggers 
CHEVROLET, S-10 PICKUP, 2003, Door Trigger

Use tan for the driver door located in pin B4, orange for the passenger door located in pin B2. Use both wires and diode isolate.

The BCM (Body Control Module) is located to the right of the accelerator pedal below the radio. The plugs on the BCM face towards the driver side.

Or you could catch the dome light wire itself which is probably a (+) trigger.  I can't find anythnig on the keysense.   Looks like it's DMM time.

Do it right the first time
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 17, 2004 at 9:16 AM / IP Logged  
Ditto what raydawg said, plus you double check, but I think that factory alarm arms itself when the door locks lock down. I repeat, I THINK...  I dont have anything in front of me this morning but I will try to check later.  Good luck.
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic