Focusedonsound 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 3:19 PM / IP Logged  

Install Info

2000 Ford Mustang GT Convertible

System

Head Unit: Sony Mobile ES CDX-7850

EQ: Kenwood  KGC-6042A  (here is a link in case your not familer w/ this product) http://www.kenwoodusa.com/product/product.jsp?productTypeId=28&sortBy=price&productid=91

AMPs.  3 Rockford Fosgate Punch amps I don't know what the #s are for each. I do remember that the Sub amp is a Punch 225.2 and the other 2 amps are the approx 75watts per channel and are for the front and rear interior speakers.

Wiring.... Power is on drivers side, audio cables are on the passanger side.  Sub amp has a piece of 4 gauge power wire fused at the battery and fused approx 6in from the amp and grounded approx 6in from amp. (ground was sanded for proper contact)

Interior speaker amps 1 piece of 4 guage from the battery fused 6in from the begining and at the end is then split (with a gold plated fused splitting block) into 2 8 guage wires which run to either amp.  These 2 amps are grounded to the same location which has been sanded to remove any paint and insure a good contact. 

Each amp receives signal via individual RCA cabels (DEI RCA cables) Remote lead is run through the center of one of the RCA cables. 

I had used the factory radio ground and will probably be changing that when I get home to see if  that fixes the problem.

If it matters .....Interior Speakers are all MB Quart QSD 216s and My subs are 2 Kicker 2ohm XPLs in a custom sealed enclosure

promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 4:15 PM / IP Logged  
your turn -on is giving you the problem..
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
promodeepcycle 
Copper - Posts: 152
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 4:16 PM / IP Logged  
run it down with the power wires... IT IS A POWER WIRE...
dont be a pet monkey ..use your dmm
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 5:05 PM / IP Logged  
I have never had a problem with engine noise being produced by the remote line and I have been doing this for 5 plus years. How ever if you are using the wire attached to the center of the RCA's then that is a problem because that is not a remote line, I believe that is suposed to be a saftey ground but Im not really sure because I never use the thing so I never really cared. If you are using the stock deck, I would probally go with an improper ground on the EQ up front. I am guessing that you are using the line level inputs on the eq that then changes the signal into low level rca line output right. I am also going to guess that the eq is grounded through the factory ground wire at the deck. If it is then try to reground the eq being that the factory ground behind the radio is noisy as hell. If this isnt the way you have it hooked up and you are using a seperate line level converter than try to reground that.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
Focusedonsound 
Copper - Posts: 95
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 16, 2004 at 8:02 PM / IP Logged  

Well I re-grounded my Head unit and EQ this afternoon/evening, to no avail! Tommorow I am going to try re routing my remote turn on lead!

Some added questions though!

1.  Is it ok to split the remote turn on lead at the rear of the car in to 3 leads for each of the amps ?

2. Is there anything else which could cause engine noise?

I guess what I am asking is what would be my next logical step to eliminate engine noise!

robb420in323 
Copper - Posts: 101
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 19, 2004 at 2:02 PM / IP Logged  

Is it a cd spinning noise?

signal light poping/brake  noise?

Hunter S. Thompson for sheriff

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic