icon

After stereo install, keyless entry not

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
maxtron 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 8:33 PM / IP Logged  
Hello,  I have just installed a new system in my 96 maxima.  At first I had a vrx video display and I decided that was too high risk to leave in. as of now the keyless remote still works.  Now I took out that and put in a panasonic mp3 unit.  I dont know what happened but now all of a sudden after putting the car back together the stereo worked great but as I got out to lock the door I realized the keyless remote no longer worked.  and all attempts to reprogram  keyless part failed such as the usual method of continuously inserting the key to get into program mode 7 times within 10 seconds is supposed to cause the hazards to blink and it even doesnt do this.  can someone please tell me what might be the problem or where to look in a nissan maxima to find if everything is hooked up..  Thanks in advance.
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
check all the fuses to see if any of them are blown.....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
kidtransam 
Copper - Posts: 99
Copper spacespace
Posted: August 23, 2004 at 10:12 PM / IP Logged  
Yeah, you prob blew a fuse. Or you could have pulled a wire loose. Check every where you ran wire and look for `pressure points`, anywhere there may be tension on another wire. Maybe where you pulled or pushed a harness. If it worked before, you more than likely poped a fuse or just pulled somethin loose.
With a torch and a big enough hammer...it WILL friggin fit!!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic