icon

The button that Toyota forgot!

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
F1Jim 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 1:19 PM / IP Logged  

Here's an idea I'd like some help with. The Toyota Sequoia only has a "back window down" button on the remote. It won't roll the window back up (safety reason?). Anyway, the only window UP button for the back window is on the dash. This isn't very convenient in some situations. There SHOULD be a weather-resistant button hidden next to the license plate light that will roll the window back up. I think you may be able to roll the window up with the key at the back door lock, but I may be wrong. Anyone know how I could hook-up a window UP button next to the license plate light?

thanks!

Jim

kenmci 
Copper - Posts: 161
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 2:36 PM / IP Logged  
what you would need to do is look behind the switch on the dash and see how the wiring is done.  More than likely it will be similar to the five wire door look diagrams that are listed on this site.  You could then wire up two relays, just like five wire door locks so that when you press your push button momentary switch at the light it triggers the relays which put power to the up side of the window switch and ground to the down side.  It sounds complex, but it is really very easy.  What does the back of the switch look like, how many wires?
F1Jim 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 6:32 PM / IP Logged  
I would prefer not to have to mess with the switch on the dash, if possible. It is like 10 ft. away from the door! I'd like to access the window motor's electronics in the door itself in order to hook up a button. Here's how I'd like it to work: Push the button continuously until the window rolls up, then release button. This is how the button on the dash works.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic