icon

alphasonik PMA1200DA and two PSW812 i

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aamdi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 9:35 PM / IP Logged  
i have a 1 amp alphasonik PMA1200DA and 2 woofers alphasonik PSW812 i need  design 1 box for vw sedan model 1996 how made box mdf material
Alpine Guy 
Platinum - Posts: 2,478
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 10:10 PM / IP Logged  

I see you don't english speak very,  umm, , Yes most box's are made out of MDF medium density fiberboard, usually 3/4" or thicker.   There's not much to it, just measure out a rectangular area in your trunk, as much as you are willing to give up for the box, then draw out some 3D plans the best you can so you can visualize it better.  Once you get all the dimensions you can click on the Volume Calculator on your left of the screen and find out the air volume the box will have, and try to match the air volume to what Alphasonic reccomends for there subs.  you will want to devide the box in the center when your building it so the air space is not shared, its separated.

Ask questions as you go, and we will try to answer them.

By the way, welcome to the board!

2003 Chevy Avalanche,Eclipse CD7000,Morel Elate 5,Adire Extremis,Alpine PDX-4.150, 15" TC-3000, 2 Alpine PDX-1.1000, 470Amp HO Alt.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 01, 2004 at 11:48 PM / IP Logged  
I really hope you werent bashing the guy because it says he is from mexico so if his english is broken it could very well make sense. What exact information are you looking for, how to make the joints, how to make the cuts, how to figure out box size, all of the above. Try to specify a little more and we can nail this no problem.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
aamdi 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 9:22 AM / IP Logged  

hello mr.

i have a pair alphasonik 812 of 2 ohms dual coil, i have space 35``x 13`` x13`` i dont have specs for subs alphasonik, however I need to make the box for this subs, Please helpe me. Where can I find the specs for this kind of Subs.?  I have mdf 3/4. and I had look into the alphasonik website but I didn't find anything about it.

Txs a lot

astro88 
Copper - Posts: 195
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 11:27 AM / IP Logged  
fuseblower 
Silver - Posts: 403
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 1:34 PM / IP Logged  

From what I read these subs are not designed to be put into a sealed enclosuer.  Try downloading blaupunkt box building program and plugging in the specs of your sub.  This should help you to find the approx air space needed for these subs.

Sorry that we can't help but I know that as people find out more info. they will help you out....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic