icon

USAmps?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
hightek 
Copper - Posts: 223
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 6:56 PM / IP Logged  
has anyone heard of USAmps? are they any good? how do they compare to say alpine or JL or other comparable brands?
redlight831 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 7:07 PM / IP Logged  
i have heard of them...just not any facts...like i have said before in other posts its always good to stick with brand names you have heard of.
Audiobahn1500 
Copper - Posts: 91
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  

I have heard of these too and i have also seen and heard them in a few stereo's around here.  I just actually saw one and heard it a few weeks ago now and i was really impressed with it.  but they can be rather expensive from what it looks like on there web site.  But they do perform really well.

Chad

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
Do a search through this forum...you'll find some good remarks about that brand.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
evanc 
Copper - Posts: 148
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 8:17 PM / IP Logged  

I have looked at their amps.  I have heard nothign but good things about them, but never personally heard or seen one.  They do have a lot of dealers, so check em out. 

I know thats not much help, but its all I got.  From the research I did, I dont think you can go wrong with em, but again, no personal experience here.

Asmodeus 
Silver - Posts: 393
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 02, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  

I have used them...And I love them...You can torture the hell outa them...I had a dB Drag car we built and he wanted to pop the amp and the speakers...I wired the amp down to 1/4 ohms...When I burped it all 8 speakers we destroyed...The amp had a stink to it but held....

I had to burp it 7 times stright with no time to cool with blown subs before the amp fried...

Very dependable amps...

USAmps? - Last Post -- posted image.
Making the World A Louder Place
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 03, 2004 at 10:00 PM / IP Logged  
US Amps is one of the few big companies that still makes everything in the USA....hence the name. I think you might be able to but them on sounddomain.
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 11:45 AM / IP Logged  
US Amps rock for comp amps....all i can say is exterminator
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 04, 2004 at 2:27 PM / IP Logged  
Us amp are good, they are all right but i think you could get somkething better with a little more $$$$, I will defenely go with either JL or alpine, over Us amps

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic