icon

accelevision's 22 LCD raw screen

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
BoominRolla 
Copper - Posts: 198
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 06, 2004 at 7:34 PM / IP Logged  
what makes this screen cost $2,200?? I want to buy one and put it in my trunk and have it turn on when the trunk opens... I was reading other posts and a guy said something about using a power inverter for running a screen... dosen't this screen just need 12 volts?? It has s-video inputs I just want to be able to grab some folding chairs and have a 22" screen fiberglassed onto the trunk lid for car shows... Anyone know of any other companys with fairly large monitors (20"+) For less than $1500
BoominRolla 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 10:43 AM / IP Logged  

I know i'm new here and all but with 29 replys and nobody has an opinion on the screen or the topic? I know there must be some shops weather it be down south or outwest that have installed such screens ... I just want something you'll be able to see from more than 2 feet away like a 7" screen... Thats why I wanted it much bigger... A friend of mine said go with 2 15" screens... but I think i'd like the looks or the single screen over 2 smaller ones

200:1 contrast ratio

(16:9) widescreen
s-video
(osd) onscreen display
sxga
computer inputs
(pip) picture-in-picture
only 3” deep

resolution: 1600(h) x 1200(v)

power source: 12vdc@4amp
brightness: 180 nit
Dimensions (hxwxd):
14 3/4" x 21 5/16" x1 7/16"

These are the screen specs... if anyone can help me out the $2200 was dealer cost!! So i'm newer to the whole video side but really want to learn more about it...

Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 11:29 PM / IP Logged  
Honestly I have never seen a screen as big as you are looking for for that cheap. A couple moths ago I put a 15 inch concept in a escalde and That screen had a delaer cost of just over 1150 canadian so I dont know if you are gonna find a screen as large as the one you speak of for under 1500. You could look into the ones made for house and use and inverter but you will probally get mad video noise and still pay more than what you want. I wishj I could be of more help.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
BoominRolla 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 12:06 AM / IP Logged  
Wow being new to mobile video I guess I got a lot to learn... I didn't realize they were that expensive... I can find the 15" screens for about $550 each USD... I might just have to do that or I can save a lil while longer...
jshell 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:44 PM / IP Logged  
I've been spending alot of time researching large lcd tv for my van. After looking at MANY brands and models, the biggest(17") with the lowest amp draw that I found was a Megavision, model MV174. You can get this at Tigerdirect.com for $440. It runs on 12v, and draws about 33watts. I just bought this monitor, and it seems to be working out OK.
JMaxx93 
Copper - Posts: 73
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 2:00 AM / IP Logged  
i would be careful w buying the cheapest monitor.  just know that you are working with delicate technology in the harsh environment of the car.  i would get one with a good good warranty. especially if your already spending this much and the disply is so large.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic