the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Brahma or XXX-Handle Heat Better Steve K?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 6:25 PM / IP Logged  
Hey Steve K or anyone with Brahma and  RE XXX experience, which one can handle the heat better? That is one of my main concerns as I like to drive and listen for hours and have had problems with subs getting too hot. I know that heat is normal, but I would like to be able to not worry about shutting them down so much.
boom, boom, boom boom....
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 07, 2004 at 7:36 PM / IP Logged  

The XXX definitely handles more power.  It uses an 8 layer voice coil instead of the 4 layer we use.  Enclosure used will make a difference, but we rarely see blown voice coils.  Usually something in the suspension goes before the voice coil blows.  Our voice coils are really robust.  As an example, Scottie Johnson runs 10 kilowatts per Brahma and has never blown a voice coil. 

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

MBZ oe 
Silver - Posts: 385
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 08, 2004 at 3:00 AM / IP Logged  

WOW Steve!  10Kw per Brahma......   I saw that video on you guys website. Thats the one where is van door literally breaks/cracks from the brahmas hitting 170spl, right?

And do you have any experience with my current subs; the RFR3110's? Will the XXX's blow these RFmonsters out of the box?  My box is .68cuft and the spec for XXX sealed is .7  cuft. So its ready now, but I'll have to stack a few more$$ to get 2 at once. Maybe I'll just buy one this week and run it by itself til next wk. 

All I want is the best. Is that too much to ask Brahma or XXX-Handle Heat Better Steve K? -- posted image.

boom, boom, boom boom....

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic