icon

Help picking Monitors for 1998 Expedition

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 12:36 PM / IP Logged  

Can some one give me some Ideas on what to look for when purchasing a LCD for my  98 expedition. My friend bought a lcd off ebay and the resolution was so bad it was unwatchable. Im looking to install one large monitor (over 8" to 15") behind the sun roof. (is there anything I should know about installing a Flipdown monitior when the car has a sunroof?) I also plan on installing a few head rest lcds too. Please point me in the right direction and shoot me a little advice as to what I need to look for.

Thanks in advance

Sebastian018 
Silver - Posts: 364
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 1:35 PM / IP Logged  
If you are thinking about getting a Monitors for your truck, What i can tell you in get a TFT screen Not a LCD STN . TFT allows you to view a good picture at an angle as well as straight forward, where as an LCD looks like crap from an angle...
How much are you willing to spend on the monitors...
quick4321 
Copper - Posts: 115
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 1:43 PM / IP Logged  

I was looking on Etronics.com, and  I see I can get a 10" to 14" flip-down screen in the 500.00 range. I also saw some headrest monitors for around 150.00. Is there a site you recomend buying from? I am familiar with the difference betweent TXT and dual scan. What resolution do I need to look for? They are very veague and sneaky with how the monitors are described. Some give how many pixels total and some show true V x H pixels. The net has the best prices but it stinks I cant see the products before purcchasing, (Thats why Im looking for a recomendation.)

Thanks!

dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 1:50 PM / IP Logged  
Check out www.starvision.us. I have been using their Pixelon series in the last few cars (and our Demo Mazda6) for the last few months. All TFT/LCD, with a extra inputs. They even have a tetris clone built in (controlled by the remote). Some have automatic A/V sensing for backup cameras on another input. They can also flip a signal over both axis. Plenty of features, low (really low) cost, good warranty, and excellent viewing quality. Newer versions are being released with additional hardware for sunvisors, too.
Good luck.
DXAV
Sebastian018 
Silver spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 2:11 PM / IP Logged  
I just bought Two headrest monitors out of www.crutchfield.com i paid $200.00 each one, they are really good, Usually I would get any tv brands like Pyle, boss,. The ones i have are farenheit, which are really good quality.. and about the pixels, most 7" monitors are 1440x234= 336960, the more pixel the better quality.....
Sebastian018 
Posted: September 09, 2004 at 2:50 PM / IP Logged  
What I mean is that I wouldnt Get any brands like boss, pyle pyramid....
dxav 
Silver - Posts: 314
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 3:29 PM / IP Logged  
Check www.starvision.us. They have great quality, and low prices. PM if you need pricing.
DXAV

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic