the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

Best Wiring Software?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 10, 2004 at 3:39 PM / IP Logged  
Any thoughts on wiring software out there. Which company has the software that will give you complete wiring colors. I'm currently using Omega's software and to find that not all wires are included like VSS and on certin models there are missing wire colors.
Also any links to new software?
tbirdman74 
Copper - Posts: 164
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 6:01 AM / IP Logged  
I use Directed's Directwire online, and I have Designtechs Wire colors on my PC in the shop.  And of course, The resources on this site are priceless.  I like to use two or three sources, that way if there is a discrepency between any of them, I know to look into it further.  Used to have Techsoft on PC, but lost it when I had a crash.  As far as new software, I haven't seen any that are what you could say "free access".  Either have to buy the software, or get it from the product manufacturer.  This site is one of the best tools to have in the shop.
If it don't fit, Force it.
If it breaks, You needed a new one anyway!
SoundFX411 
Copper - Posts: 153
Copper spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 7:18 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the input. With out a doubt this site is priceless for info. I'm in the process with becoming a dei dealer. I've dealt with Omega for over 10 years and had great results. I will look into their software.
Once again Thank You
tbirdman74 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 7:23 AM / IP Logged  
How much of a PITA was it to get in with DEI?  I have sent them my info at the directeddealers website about four times, and never have heard back from them.  I guess I need to call and talked to a human sooner or later.  When you get your deal with them, they give a password to their site, I am still using the one from the guy I used to work for.
tbirdman74 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 7:24 AM / IP Logged  

How much of a PITA was it to get in with DEI?  I have sent them my info at the directeddealers website about four times, and never have heard back from them.  I guess I need to call and talked to a human sooner or later.  When you get your deal with them, they give a password to their site, I am still using the one from the guy I used to work for.

Remember the Heroes.  Let's Roll.

tbirdman74 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 7:25 AM / IP Logged  

Sorry 'bout that, had to kick my addin machine

draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 11:19 AM / IP Logged  
hey tbirdman74, lets not forget those who died on the 11th......THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!
when you said " Remember the Heroes", i think a lot of people apply that to the rescue personnel. i, myself am a firefighter here in tampa, fl and lost a few friends on the day. HOWEVER, EVERYONE THAT DIED THAT DAY IS A HERO AND AS WELL AS THE ONES WHO CONTINUE TO GIVE THEIR ALL FOR THIS FREE COUNTRY......IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT WILL MAKE A COMMENT AND REMINDS US WHAT WE HAVE TO LIVE FOR IN THIS COUNTRY! THE FREEDOM WE HAVE IS WHAT MAKES THIS SITE WHAT IT IS! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
draasch 
Gold - Posts: 2,172
Gold spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 11:20 AM / IP Logged  
hey tbirdman74, lets not forget those who died on the 11th......THANK YOU FOR YOUR COMMENT!
when you said " Remember the Heroes", i think a lot of people apply that to the rescue personnel. i, myself am a firefighter here in tampa, fl and lost a few friends on the day. HOWEVER, EVERYONE THAT DIED THAT DAY IS A HERO AND AS WELL AS THE ONES WHO CONTINUE TO GIVE THEIR ALL FOR THIS FREE COUNTRY......IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT WILL MAKE A COMMENT AND REMINDS US WHAT WE HAVE TO LIVE FOR IN THIS COUNTRY! THE FREEDOM WE HAVE IS WHAT MAKES THIS SITE WHAT IT IS! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK....
Good Luck
David
Ace Security
813-376-9778
Tampa
Donate to the 12volt
tbirdman74 
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 11:49 AM / IP Logged  

Thanks draasch.  I too believe that every man woman and child that died on that day are heroes.  As well as the rescue personnel, the policemen, every man, woman and child that helped another to their feet, or got them a glass of water, and to this day everyone that has put forth some effort, no matter how big or small, these too are heroes.  You'll probably see that extra sig alot today.

kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 11, 2004 at 12:26 PM / IP Logged  

back to the original question.... i use Wire Magic as my primary source of info... i also have Direct Wire from DEI and Omega's info.... but i love Wire Magic....... it's loaded with color Jpegs of the actual location of wires etc... and they give all the appropriate tech hints on the vehicle pages... so you know what you are dealing with at a glance.....

Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic