icon

1999 Dodge Ram stereo install

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
xloco505 
Member - Posts: 1
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 4:35 PM / IP Logged  

I am new to this great web site and I can use a little help.

I am trying to hook up an after market kenwood CD player. I have the proper wiring harnesses

and install kit but for some reason when all is said and done my radio works fine but my CD player

has no volume. I can hear some sort of relay kick off when I turn the CD player on. Is there some sort of factory amp? And if so why  with all of the correct harnesses does it not work? What shall I do?

Charles_R_H 
Copper - Posts: 122
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 4:50 PM / IP Logged  

you need to hook up the blue/white wire from the kenwood into the blue wire on the harness adapter

sounds like you have a factory infinity system or other premium, i have seen this a million times

electronics run off of smoke, when you let the smoke out they stop working
mobile1 
Silver - Posts: 479
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  
more specifically, the blue wire you used off of the kenwood deck is the power antenna wire. this sends 12v+ through the wire when the radio is on, but not when the cd player is on. The blue white wire sends 12v+ through it when the unit is on. the blue wire in the aftermarket harness you have is to power the factory alarm, like Charles stated. when you use the power antenna wire, the factory amp will not have power when the CD player is on.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic