the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
the12volt.com spacer
icon

What will become of my warn-away feature?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Stainless 
Member - Posts: 8
Member spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 5:58 PM / IP Logged  
Hey boys and girls,
I am preparing to install my old Viper 300HF into a new (to me) get-me-through-school car. Instead of installing the siren, which nobody pays attention to anyway, I was thinking of just getting two or three old Caddilac horns from the junkyard and mounting those behind the bumper cover along with the Viper's pulsed siren output option and a relay. It would certainly be a unique sound if I mix the horn tones, and it might actually be louder.
But, here's the question: since the Viper sends a series of short pulses to the siren when the first stage of the shock sensor is triggered, how is this going to work in my install? Will it attempt to "chirp" this Frankenstein horn contraption like it does to the siren? Or, does using the pulsed siren setting on the Viper change its behavior with light shocks?
Any insight or ideas that don't involve not using both stages of the shock sensor?
Thanks!
raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 8:00 PM / IP Logged  
you could run a relay from your brown wire.  most horns are (-) triggers and the brown wire has a (+) output
Do it right the first time
RufNUSD 
Copper - Posts: 184
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 8:34 PM / IP Logged  
raydawg357 wrote:
you could run a relay from your brown wire.  most horns are (-) triggers and the brown wire has a (+) output
Uh most horns are not negative triggers at the horn them selves. Most horns chassis rests at ground and have a relay off of the horn switch to throw 12v to the horn... that is on modern day cars.
Bottom line I dont believe your soft touch will work. I dont believe Vipers pulse will be long enough to energize a relay.
Keep the siren and add the horns as well. Put them on a flasher as you dont want them on continuous. All I can think is the police department smashing your window for a noise disturbance thinking your horn is stuck.
Someone pass me that bottle.
its_radio_shop 
Copper - Posts: 76
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 12, 2004 at 9:45 PM / IP Logged  

I dont know of any security system with a pulsed siren/horn output that signals this output during a warn-away chirp. Basically you wont get any output out of a secondary siren/horn output during warn-away...only the primary siren output.

Get on Ebay and get a cheap siren and use the pulsed output with the horns as well. That should cause some racket. Good luck.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic