icon

1999 F-250 alarm/remote start

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
cgalvin29 
Member - Posts: 35
Member spacespace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 1:33 AM / IP Logged  
I bought a performance Teknique ICBM-7071 2-way remote start alarm and tried to install in yesterday. This isnt the first remote start/ alarm i have installed but its giving me the most trouble. The vehicle is a 1999 F-250 Superduty not originally equipped with RKE. i have power lock and cannot get them to work with the Alarm/Starter. I have tried everything i can think of hooked into the pink / YELLOW and pink/green wires even tried to find the ones that it calls for with RKE which is Pink/something and RED / orange and neither of them worked, so i though i may need a relay so i ran the relay for the reverse polarity and that didnt work, i may have hooked it up wrong because it shorted out. but i just have had no luck with anything. Im pretty sure that the Pink / YELLOW and pink/green are the right wires because they get 12 power when i lock or unlock. not at same time but one at unlock the other at lock. Also i tied into the brown wire at the headlamp switch and my parking lights dont work either. If anyone could help me out i would really appreciate it.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 9:57 AM / IP Logged  

TEST >>> TEST >>>> TEST............U should always test all wires first prior to cutting or hookink up anything.

Your Lock & Unlock is a 5 wire Reversal Rest at Ground

U need 2 SPDT Relays

1 for LOCK
1 for UNLOCK

LOCK

Cut Pink / Yellow wire
Pin 87a ..to Switch side of wire
Pin 30 to Lock motor side of wire
Pin 85 to Lock output wire from RS unit
Pin 87 & 86 to 12 volt + constant

UNLOCK

Cut Pink / Green wire
Pin 87a ..to Switch side of wire
Pin 30 to UNLock motor side of wire
Pin 85 to UNLock output wire from RS unit
Pin 87 & 86 to 12 volt + constant
Brown at Light switch is 12 volt + for Parking lites

TEST>>>>TEST>>>>TEST

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
kgerry 
Platinum - Posts: 3,455
Platinum spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 25, 2004 at 10:05 AM / IP Logged  
as above except... when you cut each lock wire, meter both sides of the wire with the switch engaged... one wire (side) will have voltage when you use the switch, one wire (side)  wont.. the side with the voltage is the switch side..... if you reverse these you'll blow fuses every time you try to activate keyless.....
Kevin Gerry
Certified Electronics Technician
MECP First Class Installer
Owner/Installer
Classic Car Audio
since 1979
cgalvin29 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 4:57 AM / IP Logged  
well i tried the relay you posted and it didnt work i was still getting the spark when i tried to hook up the 12 volt constant on the relays. I am lost and have no idea what going on i have tried almost every possible thing. Are there factory relay that i have to take out? or am i missing something. Also i bought the truck used if it was equipped with RKE how would i find out. but if it was when i hooked in to it the first time like it said and just tied into the wires wouldnt it have worked? or would i need relays for that also? and would it matter between 500ma and 200ma how do i find out which one myu locks use?
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:31 AM / IP Logged  

[ i was still getting the spark when i tried to hook up the 12 volt constant on the relays. ]

There should be NO spark if the Relay is wired right and NOT activated.
Have U checked Doors & Kick-Panels for other Relays from previous install?

Where R U cutting wires for Door Locks?  Door or Kick Panel?

MO
cgalvin29 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 12:37 PM / IP Logged  
im cutting them up under the dash above the accelorator pedal. and i have checked everywhere for relays and this truck hasnt had anything like that installed before. should i try hooking up 12+ fist then connect wires one by one to see which one is causing it to short out? I have tried that relay like 50 times and double checked it so i know its hooked up properly.
mo12v 
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 3:13 PM / IP Logged  
I'll have to admit...I have never used the wires above accellerator pedal. If U have cut the PINK / YELLOW in half, one side should show 12volts when U press the Lock switch on door.  Same with the PINK/Green.  I wonder if U get 12 volts from same side cut wire from either door switch.
Do Your door locks work when these wires are cut?
MO
cgalvin29 
Member spacespace
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 2:55 AM / IP Logged  
no they dont work with them cut and i metered the wires to see which wire was the switch side. Im at a loss ive even tried multiple relays thinking i may have gotten a bad relay but i didnt. so i dont know the next thing is i may have a bad brain i need to meter the trigger wire to see if it costant ground or only when activated. If its always grounded that why its probably sparkin but i checked it once and the wire was good so i dont know.
Im thinking i might just ditch the install and go with an autopage 855LCD but if the problem is with the doors i still need to figure it out
mo12v 
Posted: September 30, 2004 at 7:46 AM / IP Logged  
Personally, I would reconnect wires U have cut,
go to kick panel or door and install relays there. U may have the wrong wires above gas pedal
MO

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic