icon

Old School Question

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 8:47 AM / IP Logged  
I use to own a Denon CD head unit(I cant remember the model #), and I must say it was the best head unit I have ever had.
Does anyone know if Denon still makes head units?
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:40 AM / IP Logged  
Ya they do and they are pretty damn awsome, but also quite expensive. They have managed to keep a classy look in the world of flashing lights and jumping dolphins.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 9:54 AM / IP Logged  
Denon car audio is not currently sold directly in the US, but they make some of the high-end Rockford branded head units, and the next generation McIntosh heads are being built by Denon.
Support the12volt.com
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 10:34 AM / IP Logged  
Yes, Frank did want to go to KFC after getting drunk again for the first time in a few years...
Wait, what was the question??
As for Denon, I think all the do here in the US now under their own name is Home Recievers. But I could be wrong.
Paul
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 28, 2004 at 4:28 PM / IP Logged  
SoundDomain.com carries the Denon-made Rockford head unit, just in case you wanted to check it out.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
thapimpfromchi 
Silver - Posts: 616
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 12:46 AM / IP Logged  
hold on, let me get this strait, denon makes RF, but RF makes MB Quartz? thats pretty f'd up.
1990 Honda Civic HB:
Clarion DXZ545MP H.U.
2- 6.5" Power Acoustik interiors
Diamond Audio 600.1 amp
Diamond Audio 15" M6MKII
Pyramid PB881X 4 CH. Amp
Steven Kephart 
Platinum - Posts: 1,737
Platinum spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 2:24 AM / IP Logged  

DYohn wrote:
Denon car audio is not currently sold directly in the US, but they make some of the high-end Rockford branded head units, and the next generation McIntosh heads are being built by Denon.

I thought Clarion made McIntosh car products.  I remember being told that, but then that was several years ago.  I remember they sort of resembled each other.

But then keeping track of who owns who now is tough.

Steven Kephart

Adire Audio

stevdart 
Platinum - Posts: 5,816
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 7:11 AM / IP Logged  
Thanks for the show n tell link on that, Aggie.  That is a sweet head unit.
Build the box so that it performs well in the worst case scenario and, in return, it will reward you at all times.
DYohn 
Moderator - Posts: 10,741
Moderator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 8:21 AM / IP Logged  
Steven Kephart wrote:
I thought Clarion made McIntosh car products.  I remember being told that, but then that was several years ago.  I remember they sort of resembled each other.

But then keeping track of who owns who now is tough.

Indeed it is.  Clarion owned McIntosh from 1990 until 2003.  All the Mc head units so far available were built by Clarion (McIntosh amps were and are made by McIntosh.)  DMC (Denon/Marantz) purchased McIntosh in 2003.  The new McIntosh head units are due out early next year and are being co-developed with Denon.  Should be pretty nice.

Support the12volt.com
Francious70 
Silver - Posts: 629
Silver spacespace
Posted: September 29, 2004 at 8:52 AM / IP Logged  
And then everyone else is owned by Harmon-Kardon. Old School Question -- posted image. Well, just about everyone else.
Paul
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic