icon

battery for 2000 nissan altima?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
aggie altima 
Silver - Posts: 298
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 2:51 AM / IP Logged  
My car just died on me, and I'm suspecting the battery is the culprit since the car won't even turn on at all with the key at ACC. I don't have access to a multimeter right now since I'm not at home, but I may try to find a cheap one to test the voltage of my battery. In case I do need a battery, does anybody no of a good battery that will fit a 2000 Nissan Altima? I checked the Optima website but it doesn't look like they fit my car (darn, wanted a yellow top). If anyone knows if it CAN fit, or of a close alternative, please do tell me. Thanks in advance everybody.
Jon
Don't like rockford subs? Then don't look at my car =)
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 3:25 PM / IP Logged  

Just get a Die Hard Gold. Never had any problems with them. System or no system. Be sure you get the proper CCAs for your car.

aggie altima 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 7:18 PM / IP Logged  
Just wondering if anybody has an opinion on exide select orbital batteries. It's going for about 130 at kragen, and I really need a battery. Any other suggestions on other batteries? (Thanks for the reply Rushman)
Jon
poeticdrums 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 8:53 PM / IP Logged  
I'm thinking of a new battery myself. You and I have the same car except mine is a 1996 Altima GXE. I'm thinking of saving a few bucks and just going to pep boys and getting the Duralast Gold. Not a bad battery and it's also direct fit for our cars. Should run you about 80 bucks (that's with tax). If not, get a cheapie until you get home and then buy an optima battery and relocate it because I'm pretty sure those wont fit in our current battery slots.
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 05, 2004 at 10:23 PM / IP Logged  
I like the great Neon job on the interior Poetic.  By the way , do you play drums by chance?
Tcole 
Copper - Posts: 92
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 10:58 AM / IP Logged  
Aggie,
I have a 94 Altima, when I checked Optima's fit guide it said it does not make one for my car.
BUT
I took physical measurements of the battery I have in the car and Optima does make a battery that will fit. It gets cold here so none of those CCAs will go to waste.
poeticdrums 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 2:34 PM / IP Logged  
Well that is good. Let me know which Optima will fit. Thanks for the comment Rushman and yes I do play drums. What gave it away? haha
aggie altima 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 5:24 PM / IP Logged  
I'm probably gonna pick up a yellow top anyways, most likely the D34/78. I started reading some posts on altimas.net about optima batteries, and it seems that many altima drivers are using them (with a little modifaction I believe). Oh, and TCole, can you tell me which battery you are saying will fit?
Jon
aggie altima 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 8:09 PM / IP Logged  
Okay, update. Picked up the D34/78 Yellow Top from Autozone for $150 with trade-in. Put it in my car, fits fine except for two things. The power wire's terminal had to be beaten a little to adapt to the lower height battery, and the negative ground wire wasn't exactly long enough (I temporarily fixed it by tilting the battery to the back, so the negative would reach). Car started the first time i tried, so I'm a happy camper.
Jon
Rushman 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 06, 2004 at 8:21 PM / IP Logged  
glad you were able to get the Optima. Is the battery secured down some kind of way since you had to lean it back to make the cable reach? I would hate to hear the battery shifted while driving and shorted out somewhere. Just lookin out for ya.
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic