icon

amp cutting out

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
uc10950 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 10:33 PM / IP Logged  

im having a problem here and need some help. im new at this posting stuff , so here goes. in my 2003 sentra ive got a pioneer head 3600, pioneer 6.5 2 ways, an audiobahn 12 ported single sub all on a hifonics zeus 700 5 chanel i got about 3 yrs ago. the6.5 are brideged on cnls12 & 34 and the sub is on cnl 5 . all was good untill about 2 mnth ago. wifey came home said the system sounded funny. i go to check and now the amp cuts into  protection  when you turn the system up and you hit a hard bass note. talked to some peeps , told me to make sure none of my wires were grounding. did that. still same. amps not heating up .turn the head off, everything resets youre good. start to crank it, bass hits,bye bye amp. tonight i tried swaping the sub, thought maybey the voice coil was botoming out and bought a rf p212 put it in the enclosure.sounds great takes more volume but it cut out finally again. can it be i need a cap? like i said everything was fine untill that day my wife said what she said. please help 

Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 11:02 PM / IP Logged  
Usually the first thing I would suggest is upgrading to a bigger ground wire from the amp. Check the connections at both ends of the Ground wire since it was working once before. Wifey might have hit a pot hole or somthing and jarred the ground loose.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
chrane 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 11:32 PM / IP Logged  

no, you dont need better ground and you dont need a cap, its because your amp cant handle the load.. ohms are too low for it to function

Aaron
Rushman 
Silver - Posts: 380
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 11:36 PM / IP Logged  
UC.......how long was the system working before it started cutting out on you? Chrane says the Ohms are too low which could be the case but why would it just now start to cut out after it had been working for some time? Just asking.
99 F-one fitty
Pioneer Premier H/U
Alpine EQ
Kicker 1200 amp
4 Kicker comp 10s
6 kicker SS65.2 components
chrane 
Member - Posts: 27
Member spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 11:40 PM / IP Logged  
thats true... when the ohms get lower due to frequency change in the signal it requires more power, so it may also be not a strong enough ground. check if theres corrosion on the cable also
Aaron
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 19, 2004 at 11:42 PM / IP Logged  
I disagree on both acounts. I am suspect to the amp having a problem. It could be a problem with the ground but I would doubt it. Impedence is not to low for the amp so thats out of the question. You already ruled out the sub being the problem by replacing it, I seriously doubt its the front speakers being you didnt say they sounded blowen or anything and if they were you would no it, and the head unit shouldnt cause this problem either. I guess to make sure its not the front speakers I would disconnect them and just play the sub and see if it cuts out. If it does than its the amp, if not then try connecting one speaker and see if it cuts out, if not then disconnect that speaker and hook up the other. If the amp cuts out either time you hook up a speaker than I would pull that speaker out and see if its blown or if it has a conection thats grounding out. I hope some of this helps out in some way
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
uc10950 
Member - Posts: 12
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2004 at 8:15 AM / IP Logged  
 thanks for all the replys , rushman it had been in the car  scince about sept.03 ill start checking what yiu guys have sugested so far,thanx. keep ya posted
jimmysolo2001 
Member - Posts: 13
Member spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 12:55 AM / IP Logged  
my 2 cents is change the amp and u ill know if its the amp or internal speakers

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic