icon

98 Explorer Sport door triggers

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
darkowy 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 20, 2004 at 1:49 PM / IP Logged  

I need help figuring out wires for individual door trigger on 98 Explorer Sport. Right now I have my alarm hooked up to dome light but I want to diode isolate all triggers to avoid problems with dome light. The problem is I can't find those wires. My only info shows:

yellow/black                    drivers door                       driver kick panel

light GREEN/ YELLOW          drivers rear door               driver kick panel                   (N/A I have 2 door model)

WHITE/ purple                   rear hatch                           driver kick panel

gray/red                          passenger front door        passenger kick panel

pink/light blue               passenger rear door         passenger kick panel         (N/A I have 2 door model)

Those wires don’t seem to work. For example WHITE/ purple wire in driver kick panel shows 0.00 V hatch door closed and opened. I even cut it to see if the dome light will come on and it did. I checked the switch for a hatch door and there are two wires coming out from it. One is ground and the other is WHITE/ purple. Now I'm stuck. Any ideas what to do?

raydawg357 
Silver - Posts: 769
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 10:52 AM / IP Logged  
darkowy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 7:24 PM / IP Logged  

This is the same info I have. The problem is that only gray/red wire show 0V at rest and 12V when door are opened. Yellow/black show 12V anytime and WHITE/ purple show 0V anytime. I even cut those last two wires and car was still able to sense door opened or closed. I couldn't locate the switches itself, so I'm assuming they are integrated into door locking mechanism. I'm kind of lost there98 Explorer Sport door triggers - Last Post -- posted image.

profuse007 
Gold - Posts: 2,015
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 7:38 PM / IP Logged  
|     DOOR TRIGGER|BLACK/ lt. blue *4   |+ |driver's kick panel        |
*4 To avoid the dome light delay and dome light time-out use the separate door triggers. In the drivers kick panel find yellow/black for the drivers door, lt. GREEN/ YELLOW for the drivers rear door, and WHITE/ purple for the rear hatch. In the passengers kick panel find gray/red for the passenger front door, and pink/lt. blue for the passengers rear door. All five wires are negative trigger and must be diode isolated together.
you can easily be checking the wrong wire, cehck again!!!
its negative trigger, so dont get mix up.
Houston,TX
"The two most common elements in the universe are H+ and stupidity" (Ellison).
darkowy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 7:57 PM / IP Logged  
Well, I'm pretty sure those yellow/black and WHITE/ purple wires located in drivers kick panel aren't door triggers since cutting them didn't prevent door switches from operating dome light and "door ajar" light. The real problem would be locating right wires. I checked drivers kick panel three times already and I didn't found anymore yellow/black or WHITE/ purple wires. I think now the only thing left to do would be to disassemble the door and check wires there. Unless anyone else have different color wires listed as door triggers98 Explorer Sport door triggers - Last Post -- posted image.
Justaguy 
Copper - Posts: 112
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 8:12 PM / IP Logged  

The wires are in the boots, thats the only place you can find them sometimes.

darkowy 
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 9:13 PM / IP Logged  
Will check that. Thanks

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic