icon

Up or Down Firing?

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Vandals909 
Copper - Posts: 88
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 6:27 PM / IP Logged  

I have a 04 chevy silverado extra cab and I want to get a box that sits under the rear seat. Whats sounds better up firing towards the seat or down firing?  Also 2 10' or 2 12's? Thanks!!

heavilymedicate 
Silver - Posts: 328
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 6:48 PM / IP Logged  

I prefer down.

"Also 2 10' or 2 12's? Thanks!!"  Neither, just one 10 or one 12.  Get a high quality subwoofer, put the rms power to it, and build a good enclosure and you'll be pounding.  You do not need 2 subwoofers to get great bottom end.  Bass is not recorded in stereo.  You simply dont need it.  What subs are you considering anyhow?

Vandals909 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 7:33 PM / IP Logged  
I was thinking either  10" or 12"  w3v2 jl's or a w6v2's. But here's the deal. I cant get a really good deal on anything that Directed, Orion or Precision Power make. I have a extra cab silverado, and my question is , what would you get from these three companies to make one good system? I would like sound quality and for it to hit pretty hard also. Here is there site www.directed.com the links for the companies are on the left. Thanks for the help!
heavilymedicate 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 7:47 PM / IP Logged  

You have the space to put a w6v2 under the seat of your truck?  How much space do you have?  Have you measured it?  Are you thinking about a prefab box or a custom enclosure (fiberglass)?  I have a 10w3, great sub.  I used to have it in a 83 Chevy regular cab on a us amps terminator 250, sealed enclosure - it filled the cab with hard hitting, tight bass.

You want recommendations for what?  amps, components, subwoofers from Directed?  How much cash do you have?

chicomax75235 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 7:53 PM / IP Logged  
i have the same truck but havent found a box for my 10 inch sub that would fit under the seat also my mounting depth is 8 inches none of the prefab boxes have that much mounting depth
Jose Chapa
Vandals909 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 21, 2004 at 8:05 PM / IP Logged  
If I wanted to go with a w6v2, I would have to lift my back seat up two inches.  I was thinking about 2  10" w3v2's powered by a jl 500/1. But i didnt think it would hit hard enough, although I want great sound quality too.  But that setup is about $900.  Do you think I should stick with that setup our go with the stuff from directed.com cause I can get a good deal on anything on that site.  Yes ,  i wanting to know if they have good components, amps, everything. Thanks again!
boxmaker85 
Silver - Posts: 433
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 9:08 AM / IP Logged  

The 10w6v2 only needs like a .5 cu ft box (.75 is recomended i think but drop two of them b***es in there and you will slam the crap out of that truck.  I don't recomend a prefab. box but if you really want then check into the wedges.  But some of those might not have the mounting depth you need.  I tested one under my seat (extended cab silverado) and it fit nice and snug.  But I don't think a JL would fit. 

fatgotti 
Copper - Posts: 177
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 10:37 AM / IP Logged  
Those W3v2's will hit hard on a 500.1... The W6v2's will hit harder, but they need twice the power they are quite a bit more $ and you will still have to raise your seat 2" It kinda depends on what you want to do but if you go with JL you will not be disappointed no matter which way you go..
Fatgotti    Yeah my name is John and I am FAT!! YEAH BABY
heavilymedicate 
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 12:09 PM / IP Logged  

I just visited the Directed website and realized I have never heard any of the new stuff from directed.  I heard lots of the older stuff, like from 2 years ago, viper, dei - they sounded nice, but were spendy at the shops up here.  Old Orion and PPI (precision power) amps were good sh*t, I imagine they upheld the tradition with the new stuff???  So, Im not going to make a recommendation on the Directed stuff, good luck with that : )

I’m a JL audio guy, love the stuff for most systems, unless you on the tightest budget.  If you can afford it I would go with the w3v2's, I don’t like making modifications to vehicles unless its really necessary.  To get pounding bass in your ride; I don’t think it is, in this case.

chicomax75235 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 22, 2004 at 10:52 PM / IP Logged  
i have the jl w7 ten ich single coil,its a big one to fit under the seat will be praty hard,has anyone done one under the seat?
Jose Chapa
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic