icon

Viper Alarm

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
Mattthew278 
Copper - Posts: 52
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 12:38 AM / IP Logged  

I installed a viper 550 esp alarm into my truck a few weeks ago.  I hooked up most of the wires, but I didn't connect the brake wire because I didn't want it to shut off when I press the brake without the key in.  I had assumed that if my alarm was triggered, it would shut off the truck.  I tested it out the other day, and even the the alarm triggered, and the siren going, my truck stays started.  Is there anyway I could use an alarm output, such as the + to the siren, to turn off my remote start?  I was thinking of attaching the siren + to the brake shutdown wire.  I am reluctant to try it though because I figure it will significantly reduce how loud the siren is.  Is there any other output that occurs when the alarm triggers that I could use to shutdown the remote start?

kevindanielk 
Member - Posts: 42
Member spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 2:41 PM / IP Logged  
Mattthew278 wrote:

Is there any other output that occurs when the alarm triggers that I could use to shutdown the remote start?

You could use the domelight supervision (-) output that triggers with the alarm and flashes the interior lights. You would have to wire it to a relay to get a (+)  output to connect to the brake shutdown wire(+) input. The only drawback is the remote start will also shutdown everytime you disarm the alarm since the dome supervision is activated upon disarm. Good luck.

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 3:47 PM / IP Logged  
Mattthew278 wrote:
I didn't connect the brake wire because I didn't want it to shut off when I press the brake without the key in.
Explain to me why you are trying to reinvent the wheel?? The brake reset / input safety / security wire is there for that specific reason.
I fail to understand why people try to avoid something which was designed, built, and proven to work for the specific application(s) and simply ignore it, and then ask the exact same Q to do the exact same thing, with something else !! Viper Alarm -- posted image.
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
Mattthew278 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 7:56 PM / IP Logged  

"ask the exact same Q to do the exact same thing, with something else !! Viper Alarm -- posted image."

Reinvent the wheel?  Maybe you didn't understand the question.  I want something to shutdown the car when the ALARM is triggered, not when the brake is pushed.  I have it set up to shut off the remote start when I release the parking brake.  It's just my personal preference.

D'Ecosse 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 8:29 PM / IP Logged  
Just use the siren O/P to the brake switch input - use diodes to isolate the siren when the brake pedal is pushed
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 8:37 PM / IP Logged  

Not to confuse anyone:

But R U sure putting 12 volts BACK thru the Alarm module is a good idea?  Can it be done without affecting the PCB or components inside?
UH.........I duno :)~
Wouldn't it be better to RELAY the output of the Alarm Siren to the Brake wire

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
D'Ecosse 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 8:52 PM / IP Logged  

mo12v wrote:
But R U sure putting 12 volts BACK thru the Alarm module is a good idea?  Can it be done without affecting the PCB or components inside?

12V is 12V - whether it comes from an O/P out of the alrm unit, the battery terminal or the brake switch.

mo12v wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to RELAY the output of the Alarm Siren to the Brake wire

You could, but easier just to connect the brake switch connection & the siren O/P both through diodes into the remote start turn-off. Viper Alarm -- posted image.

Teken 
Gold - Posts: 1,492
Gold spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 8:54 PM / IP Logged  
What is wrong with the door trigger? When you RS the unit, and pretend to break in your vehicle using the key and open the door, does this not shut down your RS?
Regards
EVIL Teken . . .
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 8:57 PM / IP Logged  

<<<<Just use the siren O/P to the brake switch input - use diodes to isolate the siren when the brake pedal is pushed>>>>

<<<< You could, but easier just to connect the brake switch connection & the siren O/P both through diodes into the remote start turn-off.>>>>

I'm glad U re-posted the correct answer

TEKEN:

That would be to simple......Viper Alarm -- posted image.

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Mattthew278 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 12:49 AM / IP Logged  
teken, when i originally installed my alarm, i expected that it would shutdown if the door was triggered, that's why i didn't bother installing the brake switch wire.  but it doesn't shut down with the door opened with the key.  bad design
Page of 2

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic