icon

concept amps

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 8:24 PM / IP Logged  
i've been looking at some big amps (1600 to 2400 watts rms) and i happened to see one by concept. it is 2400 watts rms and around $600 on ebay. my question is, are they good amps? i've heard of them, but i don't know much about them. anybody got info to share?
'85 Toy
forbidden 
Platinum - Posts: 5,352
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 8:47 PM / IP Logged  
This guy does, what's it worth to ya?
Top Secret, I can tell you but then my wife will kill me.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 9:36 PM / IP Logged  
My experience is that its Junk. I have seen to many of the 2400 watt rms amps go up in smoke. I was told that it was a problem that they have since fixed and that it was a productiion problem but I just cant say I have talked to too many people that thought concept was good stuff. I have talked to a couple of people who like it, but they are few and far between the people who had bad experiences.
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer
bumpingjeep 
Copper - Posts: 149
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 23, 2004 at 10:50 PM / IP Logged  
for that price get a jbl 2200.1...i love mine...i think that you can get em for just a little over six on e-bay and a few other places...
Wiseguy 
Copper - Posts: 159
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 1:07 AM / IP Logged  

when i was at the chicago air and water show last year, the army had their hummer there which had all Concept

i was dissapointed, it pounded, but was sloppy as hell

theres better NEW amps out there for the money youre willing to spend, ill still never trust buying audio equipment from ebay but thats just me

Clarion DXZ745MP
Kove ZX504
Kove AG1400
Kove 12" T3 Armageddon
Kove 6.5" Compaxials
WILDER 6.5" Pro-Audio Drivers
Custom Pre-amp
pimpincavy 
Silver - Posts: 880
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 12:44 PM / IP Logged  
The army had one of their hummers at our county fair a year ago. It had 4 15" JL subs, I think JL amps to. That thing pounded like crazy, but the subs were really beat, they didnt have much life left in em.
forbidden 
Platinum spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 5:12 PM / IP Logged  
Hmmm, quite the conflicting opinions here, out of a comparison of amplifier between Rockford and Concept as far as failures go, subs as well for that matter, my ratio of service was probably close to 3:1 (Rockford to Concept). Never have had a failure of a Concept CCD2400. Concept for us has a 3 year warranty, over the counter exchange in the first year, thus any problems were never a problem. This company and it's distributor are very high into the servicing a dealer side of things and is one reason why I carry them.
supradude 
Silver - Posts: 915
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 7:10 PM / IP Logged  
hey forbidden, when you say whats it worth to you, what is that in reference to? is it the info, or are you selling concept amps? it would cost me a fortune to buy one from you in Canada wouldn't it?
'85 Toy
forbidden 
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 12:17 PM / IP Logged  
The info.....hehe. And yes it would cost an arm and a leg to purchase this in Canada from me. Support your local dealer.
Ravendarat 
Platinum - Posts: 2,806
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 12:21 PM / IP Logged  
I was waiting for you to responde forbidden. I new this was one line which we both have very different opinions on. For what its worth I have yet to have a faulty rockford amp in the new lines, subs suck floppy donkey dick though
double-secret reverse-osmosis speaker-cone-induced high-level interference distortion, Its a killer

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic