My CD player broke

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
mindctrl 
Copper - Posts: 114
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 12:43 AM / IP Logged  

DAMN!!!!!!!

I bought a Goo Goo Dolls CD from Best Buy.  Hopped in my car in the parking lot, popped out my old CD from my Panasonic CQ-DFX983U, put in the new Goo Goo Dolls CD.  It pulled in the CD, sat there, then made a whirring noise, sat there a little more, then popped out the CD.  Pulled it back in again, whirred a little bit, then popped out the CD for good.  It's a slotfeed CD player, and the display just says "Reading" the whole time.

This bums me out.  I think the laser somehow was misaligned(pothole?)... Whatever happened, does somebody have a clue?  Ever had this happen to them as well?  I'm gonna call the local Panasonic service center here on Monday, but I'd like to get some closure before I go to rip this baby out of the dash. :\

Thanks a bunch,

--mindctrl

furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 6:38 PM / IP Logged  
Does it do this with all cd's or just the Goo Goo Dolls. It is posible that the cd itself is bad.
94legend 
Silver - Posts: 237
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 1:26 PM / IP Logged  
Check the liek furlier has suggested. Hard to determine what the problem is if you only tested it with the Goo goo CD. Check other cd's. and let us know what is it doing
mindctrl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 8:03 PM / IP Logged  

I'm not THAT stupid :D

Of course the first thing I tried was putting in three other CDs, no go... Yet, this afternoon when I popped in one of the other CDs I tried to no avail, the freaky thing worked!! I tried another CD, and another, they all work.  I've yet to try the Goo Goo Dolls CD, so I wonder if since I live on a dirt road, it may have jarred the feeding mechanism/misaligned the laser? Then realigned it?  I don't know... :\  I almost called a repair shop.  I'm gonna see if it happens again in the next couple days.

--mindctrl

furflier 
Copper - Posts: 236
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 9:19 PM / IP Logged  
mindctrl wrote:

I wonder if since I live on a dirt road, it may have jarred the feeding mechanism/misaligned the laser?

It's possible that the laser needs to be cleaned. Have you tried this yet?

jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 7:11 PM / IP Logged  
there is also a reset on this model remove the face and try that, if this dosent work unhook all the power for about a 1/2 hour and try it again, this same thing happened on the same model for me, when I reset it everything worked fine
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place
mindctrl 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 9:54 PM / IP Logged  
any idea exactly how to do that reset? a step by step guide would be good to know for future use :)  Thanks!
jeffchilcott 
Platinum - Posts: 2,483
Platinum spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 7:05 PM / IP Logged  
well there is a small button behind the face palte, should say reset by it, and or try unpluggin the unit for about 10 mins, then plugin it back in
2009 0-1000 Trunk WR 154.0DB 2009 1001+ Trunk WR
2007 USACI World Champion
2007 World Record
2006 USACI Finals 2nd Place

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic