icon

Image issues

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
D'Ecosse 
Copper - Posts: 49
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 24, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  

New here so please excuse the question - I am having trouble with picture upload/linking:

I have one post where I uploaded - I saw the image in the "create message " field (yes, have show hidden files and hide file extensions unchecked per the sticky) but I still see a red x in the resultant post

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=41466&PN=1

I have another post where I linked two images from the same server - the first one shows red x and the second is fine. (used same method for both - go figure!)  When I look at the properties of the red x "pic", in this post, it drops the .jpg from the URL. When I retried in a re-post it did the same.

https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=41575&PN=1

It's frustrating not to be able to edit!

Can you fix them please mod & tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I'm going to try an upload here using same as before in the first topic: 

OK - I know it didn't work because although I see the image right now in the "message field while I am typing, when I go "preview post" it is a red x again

HELP! Image issues -- posted image.

D'Ecosse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 2:55 PM / IP Logged  

Image issues -- posted image.

Test - it looks like I can achieve it on this different computer - actually the picture appears to have uploaded originally without the extension, even though I had enabled the correct protocol.

I took the properties of the red "x" from the post above, added a .jpg extension & pulled it up from the12volt site; downloaded it off the site & saved it,  then uploaded again & voila!

Go figure - something squirrely with the pc at home not uploading the extension somehow.......

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 2:59 PM / IP Logged  

Hi D'Ecosse, In the first post above, your image is missing a file extension. Please refer to this post: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=21746&PN=1&fid=15&PR=3

Image issues -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
D'Ecosse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 3:15 PM / IP Logged  
the12volt wrote:

Hi D'Ecosse, In the first post above, your image is missing a file extension. Please refer to this post: https://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?tid=21746&PN=1&fid=15&PR=3

Thanks - it must be frustrating fo you to have probably answered what looks like this question many times and hence the reason for your "sticky"

However - I had in fact already done that on my home pc for these prior posts and following exact same instructions can upload successfully from my work pc - something is odd that even though my home system has the file extensions selected, it is still not uploading it  - although it did upload the image and it is actually already in your server with the .jpg extension (how I was able to download it to re-upload it!)

May be something odd about my system configuration at home - I'll look into some more later this evening.

the12volt 
Administrator - Posts: 3,955
Administrator spaceThis member has made a donation to the12volt.com. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Electrical Theory. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Audio and Video. Click here for more info.spaceThis member has been recognized as an authority in Mobile Security and Convenience. Click here for more info.spacespace
Posted: October 25, 2004 at 3:26 PM / IP Logged  
kk, let us know.
Image issues -- posted image. the12volt • Support the12volt.com
D'Ecosse 
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 1:22 AM / IP Logged  

OK, still not to the bottom of it but here's another interesting piece of data

0 - Per announcement ensure correct protocols under file menu

1 - use image upload - check that the file has the extension on end

2 - Image is visbly embedded in the "compose message" field

3 - Preview post - see red "x"

4. Check properties of red 'x" & find image is resident on "the12volt" host, but no file extension is displayed

5. Copy URL of "the 12volt" image location (from step 4) and back in compose message, delete the now visible image again, then instead of "image upload" icon command, use "add image" - paste the URL into the field and add .jpg extension

6. Check post preview - image now visible!

What can be unique about this computer's set-up? It is running XP Pro incidentally .....

Stumped!  ...but at least I have a work-around now.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic