icon

Door trigger for Yukon

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
naamanf 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 8:25 PM / IP Logged  
What are most people using for the door trigger on a 2003 Yukon?  I have read some people using the dome light but the dome light doesn't always turn on.  And it dosn't turn on if the factory alarm is armed and a door is opened. I am also using a passlock bypass module that says to connect to the dome light and also to the door trigger at the alarm.  Should I do this and also connect the other door triggers?  And where is this light that is under the dash in every wiring diagram?
extreme1 
Silver - Posts: 1,070
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 9:15 PM / IP Logged  
First off, what module are you using?
There are 3 ways to go about this.
1. The driver door trigger is gray/black at the driver door module in the door. The RF door trigger is BLACK/ white at the passenger door module in the door. The LR door trigger is lt. blue/black and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, they are in a harness in front of the fusebox leading to the BCM rear plug.
2. Grey/Black in the far right plug if the BCM is positive dome light.
3. Data lock/bypass module usually has the +input and - output for door trigger.
Shaughn Murley
Install Manager, Dealer Services
Visions Electronics
Red Deer, Alberta
naamanf 
Member - Posts: 22
Member spacespace
Posted: October 26, 2004 at 9:55 PM / IP Logged  
I am using a GM-U7.  It does have a +(dome) in and -(door trigger) out. Its just that the dome light doesn't turn on when a door is opened with the factory alarm armed. 
actionjackson 
Copper - Posts: 59
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 7:54 AM / IP Logged  
underneath the the metal plate where the ign. harness is, there is the bcm. theres a 3 pin plug all the way to the right with a grey/black(positive) wire. works everytime.
FairWeather 
Member - Posts: 19
Member spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:48 PM / IP Logged  

I just did an 04 Tahoe. Just so you know, in GM cars you can manually shut off the dome light with a small push button by the light dimming switch. If you leave the switch off, the domelight trigger can't trigger the alarm. I recommend getting the trigger from 4 doors individually and the hatch/hatch glass also. You can catch the back seat and the hatch/hatch glass at pins A1,A2, and A3 at the purple blug in the BCM (the purple plug is on the back of the BCM underneath the dash just above the driver's floor vent). The front doors you actually have to crack open to access the wires. Here's some DirectWire notes:

The driver door trigger is gray/black at the driver door module in the door. The RF door trigger is BLACK/ white at the passenger door module in the door. The LR door trigger is lt. blue/black, pin A3, and the RR is lt. GREEN/ black, pin A2, they are in the purple plug at the BCM. Use all four wires and diode isolate each.

They are all negative wires and you definitely need to diode isolate each. Also, I found out on Trilogix's GMDL-BP that I couldn't tie the triggers into the domelight input of the module. I had to tie the door trigger straight into my alarm. I lose OEM security, but at least I can get the unit to respond also, you can switch polarity on the siren output (+) and feed that into the module if you are that concerned.

Hope you still have the vehicle to try this.

You can do it!

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic