icon

DEI domelight supervision and RS

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 9:20 PM / IP Logged  

Just a quick question.  I have a Viper 791XV and noticed that my domelight supervision with unlock/disarm does not operate during remote start (ie remote start vehicle and go out and unlock the doors and the domelight supervision doesn't kick in).  It also doesn't work with the key turned on in the vehicle but I expected this.

Supervision does work if the vehicle is not running with remote start unlock it.

Is it supposed to be like this???

Jason

hagmanti 
Silver - Posts: 304
Silver spacespace
Posted: October 27, 2004 at 11:25 PM / IP Logged  
What kind of car? Is the 791 dome light supervision wire hooked up to your car's dome light wire? If not, then any dome light supervision you are getting is coming from your car-- some cars automagically turn on the dome light when unlocked, but don't do that when the key is in the ignition.
Me
jmr964 
Copper - Posts: 70
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 28, 2004 at 10:00 AM / IP Logged  

The supervision wire is hooked up to the door trigger and also the fog lamps and backup lamps.  All the supervision wire does for me is trip a relay which supplies a solid ground to turn everything on.  So it is DEFINATELY the brain of the 791 that is not activating the supervision.

Can someone with a 791 just test there's for me.  Remote start your vehicle while it is armed, after it has remote started disarm it and tell me whether or not your domelight supervision activated or not.

Thanks

Jason

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic