icon

1988 Ford Crown Vic Parking Lights

Post ReplyPost New Topic
< Prev Topic Next Topic >
chemlab 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 5:56 PM / IP Logged  
Not exactly security, but a remote starter is pretty close - I need to hook up the parking lights to my starter harness's +12V line, the problem is, to get at my light switch I would have to pull 90% of my car's interior apart. My Chiltons manual tells me *just reach under and press the spring loaded pin, and the switch will pop out* but they don't mention that to reach the pin requires you have a 6" long 5 jointed finger to reach between the structural steel members of the dash. Is there an easier way to hook into the parking lights?? In case anyone is wondering, no, I can't get the connector off the back of the switch because it just can't be reached, and even if it could, the wires have no slack on them - they're tied to steel bits further up.
zargon 
Copper - Posts: 186
Copper spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 6:16 PM / IP Logged  
you know the parking lights have to run to the rear of the car so theymust be running down one side or the other, up under the dash you can probally find it also, use your meter and look for a brown wire 16gauge for positive when the light is on.
chemlab 
Member - Posts: 2
Member spacespace
Posted: October 29, 2004 at 6:42 PM / IP Logged  
Can I just splice into the + side to any of the lights?? I considered doing that, but wasn't sure if there were any diodes in the system that would prevent the otehr lights from feeding from that one point.
Musicman5000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 12:50 AM / IP Logged  
Same circut runs thru whole car anywhere you find the wire and it doesnt dimm your test light that you are using when you dimm the dash lights is the right wire.
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 6:16 AM / IP Logged  
FORD did this car good.....The harness is really high up in the Driver side, But there are a lot of wires that U should use a METER & NOT a Test Light.  I always get that wire at the Switch, even though it takes a few more minutes to take the dash apart.  I don't like cutting into harness unless it's neccessary
MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.
Musicman5000 
Member - Posts: 17
Member spacespace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 9:37 PM / IP Logged  
Hey its an 88 crown vic theres nothing in it the test light will hurt
mo12v 
Platinum - Nominee - Posts: 2,748
Platinum - Nominee spaceThis member consistently provides reliable informationspace
Posted: October 30, 2004 at 10:06 PM / IP Logged  

<<<<< Hey its an 88 crown vic theres nothing in it the test light will hurt >>>>

HEY.........It's not mine

Guess I haven't caught up with the times

MO
Don't Learn from Others Mistakes
You Might Be the One That Knows.

Sorry, you can NOT post a reply.
This topic is closed.

Printable version Printable version Post ReplyPost New Topic